Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default more outsourcing...

Bonnie, the honcha of Sony Parts USA, sent me e-mail letting me know 10/29
would be her last day at Sony. Along with many other people. Seems Sony is
outsourcing to Manila.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 2, 8:01*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Bonnie, the honcha of Sony Parts USA, sent me e-mail letting me know 10/29
would be her last day at Sony. Along with many other people. Seems Sony is
outsourcing to Manila.

And you know whomever they get will not speak American english well
enough for 90% of what they say to be understood.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Bonnie, the honcha of Sony Parts USA, sent me e-mail letting me
know 10/29 would be her last day at Sony. Along with many other
people. Seems Sony is outsourcing to Manila.

And you know, whomever they get will not speak American English
well enough for 90% of what they say to be understood.

Not necessarily. I've rarely had that problem. There are more-fundamental
and more-serious problems.

Outsourced representatives are more likely to be forced to stick to a
script. (This also occurs in the US, but seems almost universal when you're
talking to someone outside the US.) Scripting makes it possible for
uneducated people to present the illusion that they're actually handling
your problem.

More-importantly, scripting also prevents the rep from stepping outside the
box. This is critically important, because these reps rarely have any
authority to do anything that might actually help the customer beyond the
trivial. Companies with good images tend to be companies that let their reps
make decisions "on the fly".

When I was working for HP, I learned they were thinking of moving their
outsourcing to Puerto Rico, because they were having problems with Indian
workers. In my experience, I find the latter's constant assurances of how
unhappy they are that you're unhappy, and needlessly detailed descriptions
of everything they're doing, to be extremely irritating. They are sometimes
startlingly rude, which you rarely experience with even the worst American
reps.

American businesses * should not be sending jobs overseas. The privileges of
incorporation give them a moral responsibility to keep jobs within the
country that make the incorporation possible.

* I don't know if Sony's American division is incorporated in the US. If it
is, it's an "American" business.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Now was not Sony Japanese to begin with???
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

I agree, especially when I seem to get someone who is using a script
that doesn't seem to relate to the problem that I am having.

Bob H

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

More-importantly, scripting also prevents the rep from stepping outside
the box. This is critically important, because these reps rarely have any
authority to do anything that might actually help the customer beyond
the trivial. Companies with good images tend to be companies that let
their reps make decisions "on the fly".

I agree, especially when I seem to get someone who is using a script
that doesn't seem to relate to the problem that I am having.

Isn't that the case 90% of the time?