Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Thmpson L32W11 - doesn't properly display red gradients

Hello everyone,

I have been searching the web for suggestions, and even searched some
sites for a service manual. I so far have not been able to find
anything. I am hoping for some advice on what parts could be causing
my televisions problem.

The image when displaying an HD picture looks like it is being
displayed from a video card with lower colours. The image looks
better on regular mode shows, if the picture is displayed with the
border bars at the sides of the image.

I narrowed the symptoms down with Passmarks Monitor Test program. All
but three of the test screens appear normal.
- Black to Red gradient has a large number of darker veritcal lines.
- Black to White Gradient has red lines intermixed in the gradient.
- Finally the Red Gamma, most of the gamma bars don't show a solid
colour but look pixalated.

All the other display patterns do not seem out of place.

Any ideas on what is causing this? I would appreciate any help.

Keith