Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hitachi VCR Help

I recently inherited a Hitachi VT-UX 627A and for the life of me can't
figure out how the cover can be removed so I can clean the heads. I
removed the one visible screw that secures the lid but it won't budge
and I don't want to force it. Called Hitachi and they wouldn't tell me!

On other manufacturer's VCRs I've owned and successfully cleaned, the
top was easily removable. Just a matter of removing the screws and
sliding it off. Hoping some of the wizards in this group can help.
Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

I recently inherited a Hitachi VT-UX 627A and for the life of me can't
figure out how the cover can be removed so I can clean the heads. I
removed the one visible screw that secures the lid but it won't budge
and I don't want to force it. Called Hitachi and they wouldn't tell me!

On other manufacturer's VCRs I've owned and successfully cleaned, the
top was easily removable. Just a matter of removing the screws and
sliding it off. Hoping some of the wizards in this group can help.
Thanks.

Two screws on the bottom near the outer edges toward the sides

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Indeed, it was the two screws on the bottom. Thanks all!

Hitachi M12V vs Hitachi M12V2 Joe Woodworking 0 February 21st 08 11:41 PM
HITACHI TR-8 Arthur2 Woodworking 4 July 29th 07 09:21 PM
Hitachi saw Jimmy Woodworking 3 November 6th 05 03:38 PM
Hitachi mpdct96 Electronics Repair 2 September 8th 05 10:20 PM
Hitachi 32" T.V.!! [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 8th 04 04:09 AM