Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Silicon Power Cube"

I need a "Silicon Power Cube" which I believe is just a couple of SCR's,
potted, on a heat sink. Looks like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...misc/cube1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...misc/cube2.jpg

One side says 8506. The other has a sticker that says M4042. No
manufacturer name but searching around I see similar items made by Reliance
but I can't cross reference from the numbers I have. It's out of a light
dimmer that is rated to handle up to 35A @ 120V. My application is only
pulling about 10A so any similar device 15A and up would be fine. I know I
can subsitute other SCR's but that means reworking the heat sink etc. and
I'd rather replace it in kind.

BTW, I came across a RELIANCE 701819-9X which looks the same except for
markings and has two extra spade connectors where my device has spaces for
them. I don't know if that would work as I'm trying to find a spec sheet
to find out what that actually is. I think some Reliance "Power Cubes" may
be rectifiers.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
news
[...]

Steve,
I think the Silicon Power Cube brand has become absorbed through a series of
acquisitions and mergers into the Crydom brand.
Your pictures show what looks like a dual SCR module. From your description of
the application, I'll bet that the Crydom B551SE-2T or B561SE-2T (or
equivalents) will work for you. The datasheet is at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/802496.pdf.
Newark lists them as nonstocked items, but will drop-ship from the manufacturer.
http://www.newark.com/72M7087/suppli...equestid=89444.
Digikey lists them online at
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...e=B551SE-2T-ND but
shows no stock. Don't know if they will drop-ship. You'll have to ask.

Cheers!!!!!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks; this is a great help. You're right; no one seems to stock them but
I did find some with the lesser (but still sufficient) current rating but a
higher voltage rating and ordered a couple. In the meantime my equipment
dealer got back to me and they have'em (hopefully the exact one) so I'm
getting one from them too. I don't mind having spares. Thank you again.

Steve,
I think the Silicon Power Cube brand has become absorbed through a
series of acquisitions and mergers into the Crydom brand.
Your pictures show what looks like a dual SCR module. From your
description of the application, I'll bet that the Crydom B551SE-2T or
B561SE-2T (or equivalents) will work for you. The datasheet is at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/802496.pdf.
Newark lists them as nonstocked items, but will drop-ship from the
manufacturer.
http://www.newark.com/72M7087/suppli...t.us0?sku=CRYD
OM-B551SE-2T&_requestid=89444. Digikey lists them online at
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...name=B551SE-2T