Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Steve Kraus Steve Kraus is offline

Default "Silicon Power Cube"

I need a "Silicon Power Cube" which I believe is just a couple of SCR's,
potted, on a heat sink. Looks like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...misc/cube1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...misc/cube2.jpg

One side says 8506. The other has a sticker that says M4042. No
manufacturer name but searching around I see similar items made by Reliance
but I can't cross reference from the numbers I have. It's out of a light
dimmer that is rated to handle up to 35A @ 120V. My application is only
pulling about 10A so any similar device 15A and up would be fine. I know I
can subsitute other SCR's but that means reworking the heat sink etc. and
I'd rather replace it in kind.

BTW, I came across a RELIANCE 701819-9X which looks the same except for
markings and has two extra spade connectors where my device has spaces for
them. I don't know if that would work as I'm trying to find a spec sheet
to find out what that actually is. I think some Reliance "Power Cubes" may
be rectifiers.