Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How is it possible to turn on a Compaq PS-6301-1 on the bench?

PS-6301-1 is a hot-plug switching power supply for Compaq servers.
I have the backplane connector pin-out (see above).
A while after turn-on pin23 (READY) goes up to +5V.
Grounding pin 25 (PSON) all outputs go up but fall immediately down to
zero and pin 23 (READY) goes low; it remains low for 4-5 seconds and
the goes back to high.
Even shorting remote sensing pins to their respective outputs
(46with42 and 64with66) nothing changes.
Something is still missing. Does anybody out there know what is it?

What are "Interlock", "Installed" and "Hard Boot" pins useful for? Are
they involved?

THX in advance.
IW1DHI - Emanuele.
===
Backplane connector Pin-out :
3V3 69 70 3V3
3V3 67 68 3V3
3V3 65 66 3V3
3V3 S- 63 64 3V3 S+ (Remote Sense)
5VAUX 61 62 N/C
RTN 59 60 RTN
RTN 57 58 RTN
RTN 55 56 RTN
RTN 53 54 RTN
RTN 51 52 RTN
RTN 49 50 RTN
RTN 47 48 RTN
5V S- 45 46 5V S+ (remote sense)
5V 43 44 N/C
5V 41 42 5V
5V 39 40 5V
5V 37 38 5V
-12V 35 36 -5V
12V 33 34 12V
12V 31 32 12V
12V 29 30 N/C
Installed 27 28 N/C
On/Stby 25 26 Interlock
Ready4Start 23 24 Hard Boot
Power Good 21 22 N/C
N/C 19 20 N/C
N/C 17 18 N/C
RTN 15 16 RTN
RTN 13 14 RTN
RTN 11 12 RTN
RTN 09 10 RTN
N/C 07 08 N/C
N/C 05 06 N/C
N/C 03 04 N/C
N/C 01 02 N/C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 5 Lug, 00:26, Emanuele Girlando
wrote:
[...]

An update:
connecting a 12V lamp to the +5V output din't solve the problem. I 've
got a single weak flash.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

GOT it!
The interlock pin has to be connected to GND. It works even with no
load on any output.
So, to summarise the connections needed:
All "remote sense" pins to the corresponding outputs and GND:
46with42, 45with 47, 64with66, 63with59
Interlock to GND: 26with16
Then connecting 25with any GND the PSU fires up.
Bingo.