Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Miele Novatronic W828 - Where To Get An EL200D Circuit?

Our Miele W828 has failed (displays a flashing rinse light). It pumps
water in, then tries to wash - but drum motor doesn't run. Blows
micro cct board fuse then displays flashing rinse light. Minute or so
later it then pumps the water out and operations cease.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a schematic out of Miele, or
alternatively know of a source of this, or a service manual? The
faulty board appears to be an EL200 D, which is priced at circa $600.

TIA for responses :-)

HarryK

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Harry Kiri" wrote in message
Our Miele W828 has failed (displays a flashing rinse light). It pumps
water in, then tries to wash - but drum motor doesn't run. Blows
micro cct board fuse then displays flashing rinse light. Minute or so
later it then pumps the water out and operations cease.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a schematic out of Miele, or
alternatively know of a source of this, or a service manual? The
faulty board appears to be an EL200 D, which is priced at circa $600.

TIA for responses :-)

HarryK

I have used www.repairclinic.com in the past to research and purchase
appliance parts.
I would recommend you check all parts that connect to the board first for
shorts, especially that drum motor, to avoid damaging a new $600 circuit
board. If any other part is found to be shorted you should make sure it was
not caused by a water leak into the part.
Or find a local electronic repair shop that can diagnose and repair the
board to the component level. That should cost far less than replacing the
board. Most appliance repair shops will just replace the board, but an
electronic repair shop would likely be able to repair the board.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mike S" nospam wrote in message

"Harry Kiri" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for response Mike,

I couldn't get a service manual anywhere, so there was nothing else
for it ...

After a huge time investment, I was able to trace the tracks and
develop a schematic for the motor drive portion of the board. A few
errors in it initially, but when those were ironed out the source of
the overload wasn't too hard to find. Initially I strongly suspected
two substantial SCR's, but in the end all the semiconductors were
fine, turned out to be a simple welded relay contact.

HarryK

How to reset Miele dishwasher? [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 22nd 07 01:19 PM
miele repairs [email protected] Home Ownership 2 November 21st 06 09:43 PM
Miele Cat and Dog query Syke UK diy 30 June 25th 06 05:34 PM
Anyone here got a Miele washing machine? Mark Allison UK diy 2 January 26th 05 10:18 PM
Miele washing machines Conrad Edwards UK diy 50 July 29th 03 04:01 PM