Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Default SMD diode or...WHAT?!? code wanted

Hi,
I'm trying to repair a cellphone from Nokia.
It's an old Nokia 7110 that doesn't turn on.
After I disassembed, I found two SMD components that are cooked on one
side (there are other 5 like those two and they are perfectly yellow
those two are yellow from one side and brown on the other).
Those two components I think that they are diodes because on one side
there is a "+" sign and a bar printed on but searching the code printed
I don't found anything.
The code printed on it is "106A" on upper side and "MU17X" on the lower
side.
Thank to all that will help me!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thank You for the faster reply!
So they are capacitors, the color should be yellow with brown bar (like
the other five), but this two (that have the same code of the other five
printed on) have a color that start from yellow and ens with dark brown,
so I think they are burn.
Where can I find a datasheet library for SMD components?
Thank You

Jamie ha scritto:
Ivan wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to repair a cellphone from Nokia.
It's an old Nokia 7110 that doesn't turn on.
After I disassembed, I found two SMD components that are cooked on one
side (there are other 5 like those two and they are perfectly yellow
those two are yellow from one side and brown on the other).
Those two components I think that they are diodes because on one side
there is a "+" sign and a bar printed on but searching the code
printed I don't found anything.
The code printed on it is "106A" on upper side and "MU17X" on the
lower side.
Thank to all that will help me!

Looks like capacitors to me.
10 Uf.
when you see a + on the package, they are caps.
a line on the package indicates a diode but do not have a
+ on the package or board.

That is my guess.
P.S.
the caps are normally in a brown/TAN package but not always..
I've seen some in black.

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Giu, 00:41, Ivan wrote:
Thank You for the faster reply!
So they are capacitors, the color should be yellow with brown bar (like
the other five), but this two (that have the same code of the other five
printed on) have a color that start from yellow and ens with dark brown,
so I think they are burn.
Where can I find a datasheet library for SMD components?
Thank You

They're just tantalum capacitors, what do you want to know from a
datasheet? Test them for short and for low ESR, if bad replace them.
Or just replace them in the first place.

Frank IZ8DWF