Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips 34PN9818 degaus question

This is the set that I posted a few weeks ago. Believe it or not the
lady's cat climbed up and puked down into the set when it was off. It
was just a drop but it landed on the standby power supply section.
There was evidece of significant electrolysis and corrosion with a
small hole burned in the board in one part. After much surgury I was
able to get the set working however it came on with a severely
magnetized CRT. Doesn't seem related to the sick cat but I don't know.
I manually degaussed the CRT and it looks fine, however I subsequently
noticed that there was very low AC line current on startup. I replaced
the thermistor and the set now seems to peak at less than 2 amps on
startup and then immediatly drops off. I've seen many sets hit alot
more during the degaus cycle and so I doubt that degaus is even
working. This degaus circuit appears alot more complicated than it
needs to be and I'm not sure what to look for here. If anyone has a
schematic could you please take a look at this? Thanks very much.
Lenny.