Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default video tape stuck

got a video machine, video tape is not coming out..

I found a post about this possibly being a weak power supply issue..

I unplugged it. opened it up, could not see anything caught.

could not scroll the scrolly thing (a site mentioned to try that)
I removed magnetic tape of the tape from the mechanics of the video
machine but that was irrelevant. It was not the tape's magnetic tape
that was getting it caught.

I noticed all symptoms were,
ejecting DVDs was not working. no response
ejecting VHS tape was not working
LED was dim

I guess it is weak power supply issue,
is there anything I can do?

e.g. in terms of replacing the power supply.. is it tricky, different
video machines, different specs, hard to find a replacement?
e.g. can I use a hacked ACDC adaptor, or computer PSU to get 12V or
5V, and feed it somewhere to get the tape out?
I am not an electronics geek.. but I do have a multimeter, and have
used it as a computer techie.