Nathan Gutman

Default Tape stuck in JVC MX-J50

This system has two decks A and B. When I press a lever the tape door
is supposed to open to take the tape out. I press the lever in deck B
and the door does not open.
How can get the tape out on this system?
Mark D. Zacharias

Nathan Gutman wrote:
This system has two decks A and B. When I press a lever the tape door
is supposed to open to take the tape out. I press the lever in deck B
and the door does not open.
How can get the tape out on this system?

Probably has eaten a tape to the extent that the tape is totally built up
around the capstan, jammed there where the capstan meets the pinch roller,
or else the mech itself is locked in the "up" position, and would have to be
released from the rear if possible. Maybe a job for a technician.

Mark Z.

JVC Dude

You may be lucky and just have a slipping main belt. If you hand rotate the
flywheel (the correct direction) you can sometimes cycle the mech and return
it to the stop position. The belt would still need changing though, and
thats not easy

If you're not familiar with electrical equipment, I don't suggest you try
though, its tricky etc...

Aw

"Nathan Gutman" wrote in message
This system has two decks A and B. When I press a lever the tape door
is supposed to open to take the tape out. I press the lever in deck B
and the door does not open.
How can get the tape out on this system?

Nathan Gutman

I can not reach anything. To insert or reject the tape I press a small
lever which opens a door into which a tape can be inserted or taken
out. This door does not budge so I can not get inside. The two tape
decks, A and B are part of the unit which includes a three disk player
and a radio receiver. Deck B is the one stuck.
I opened up the unit but the tape drives are so burried under circuit
boards and other mechanisms that I would have to take everything apart
and still wouldn't know what prevents the door from opening.
When the door closes it pushes the cassette onto two pins which engage
in two holes on the casette so with the door stuck in the closed
position those pins hold on to the casette and will not let it out.
I wish that I could somewhere see a picture or diagram how all that
works. When I called JVC they were not helpful at all and told me to
take the unit to a repair center. I am sure that I could fix it myself
if I had good reference maybe a repair manual.
On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:33:08 +0100, "JVC Dude"
wrote:

You may be lucky and just have a slipping main belt. If you hand rotate the
flywheel (the correct direction) you can sometimes cycle the mech and return
it to the stop position. The belt would still need changing though, and
thats not easy

If you're not familiar with electrical equipment, I don't suggest you try
though, its tricky etc...

Aw

"Nathan Gutman" wrote in message
.. .
This system has two decks A and B. When I press a lever the tape door
is supposed to open to take the tape out. I press the lever in deck B
and the door does not open.
How can get the tape out on this system?

JVC Dude

The decks are buried into the front panel, and a fair bit of stripdown is
needed to get at them.
If your tape is stuck in, Don't force the door or you'll break either the
plastic pin off and/or the head assembly ~(if its in the play position).
The trick is to get to one of the flywheels ( with a thin wire...) and turn
them- you also need to find the copper coloured solenoid and trip that to
engage some cogs as you turn the flywheel. not easy...they aren't designed
for easy fixing- just cheap production... but thats how some of us actually
earn our money you know...
I have the exploded view diagrams but it won't help you really unless the
mechs are fully removed (after front panel is removed etc...~)
If the above defeats you, then perhaps as JVC say , you had better take it
to a repair shop- it is easy to break any of the plastic gears, levers etc
inadvertantly

regards
AW
news