Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Windows user needs filter

I have an old computer with Windows ME and Internet Explorer and I use
Google Groups to view this group. Can someone give me easy directions
on how to filter out some of the junk we are getting. I know there is
a way to filter, but don't know how to implement the filtering.

TIA

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 4, 8:07*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
I have an old computer with Windows ME and Internet Explorer and I use
Google Groups to view this group. *Can someone give me easy directions
on how to filter out some of the junk we are getting. *I know there is
a way to filter, but don't know how to implement the filtering.

TIA

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Try this free program:

http://holysmoke.org/ggfbho/index.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Bob

set up outlook express to view your news groups then use the filter options
in it to filter the groups or select message block sender in outlook express
message dropdown, Di you get that unit running I sent you the schmetic
for?

Lance

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
I have an old computer with Windows ME and Internet Explorer and I use
Google Groups to view this group. Can someone give me easy directions
on how to filter out some of the junk we are getting. I know there is
a way to filter, but don't know how to implement the filtering.

TIA

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

hr(bob) hofmann@ att.net wrote:
I have an old computer with Windows ME and Internet Explorer

Your headers show a Gecko browser.

and I use Google Groups to view this group.

Google's *As long as we are making money* attitude
has many folks getting real newsreaders and real providers.
In that vein, there's a lot of discussion lately
about proxy filters like Hamster and nfilter as well.

Can someone give me easy directions on how to filter

For Gecko:
Damian Penney's GreaseMonkey script:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...s-the-new-UI-*

Mark Meulendyk's TrollKiller for Internet Exploder:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:kupacRg3XZQJ:www.source9.com/trollkiller.html+*.Internet.Explorer.plug-in+Block.Selected.User+FREE+*-*-*-*-*-XP-*-*+un-install.it+*-*-*-*-United-States-*-*-*-*+killfile+32-bit-*-*-*-only+shows-all-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-you're-viewing+pay+manually-*+donation
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 5, 11:57*am, JeffM wrote:
hr(bob) hofmann@ att.net wrote:
I have an old computer with Windows ME and Internet Explorer

Your headers show a Gecko browser.

and I use Google Groups to view this group.

Google's *As long as we are making money* attitude
has many folks getting real newsreaders and real providers.
In that vein, there's a lot of discussion lately
about proxy filters like Hamster and nfilter as well.

Can someone give me easy directions on how to filter

For Gecko:
Damian Penney's GreaseMonkey script:http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...enney.org/cate...

Mark Meulendyk's TrollKiller for Internet Exploder:http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...ource9.com/tro...

All:

Thanks for all the advice, I'll try one or more of them next week when
I should have a couple of hours to experiment.

Bob Hofmann
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
I have an old computer with Windows ME and Internet Explorer and I use
Google Groups to view this group. Can someone give me easy directions
on how to filter out some of the junk we are getting. I know there is
a way to filter, but don't know how to implement the filtering.

TIA

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Ditto what others have already said get a real news reader and use
your ISP's Usenet server - you are already paying for it. Your
privacy is better protected, and it is a lot easier to use.

I can't see your post, just the replies - if Google won't act to
eliminate their spam, users will.

R u a Computer User ???? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 July 7th 07 11:56 AM
carbon filter for water filter car crash Home Repair 4 November 22nd 06 03:35 PM
a user Enoch Root Woodworking 2 January 18th 06 07:57 AM
TV user manual PigPOg UK diy 9 November 22nd 05 08:29 AM
Are Storm Windows a reasonable approach for newish vinyl windows? patrick conroy Home Repair 6 October 31st 05 12:11 AM