Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair

Default under cabinet tv

I am looking for an under cabinet tv dvd player combo with radio. I
want one with the new ATSC digital tuner. I dont want to spend a
whole lot on this for the kitchen. I have an OLD 4" jobby in their
now til feb when it will be a hanging paper weight. Any suggestions
on brands and deals?
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I am looking for an under cabinet tv dvd player combo with radio. I
want one with the new ATSC digital tuner. I dont want to spend a
whole lot on this for the kitchen. I have an OLD 4" jobby in their
now til feb when it will be a hanging paper weight. Any suggestions
on brands and deals?

What is an ATSC tuner?

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in news:65gtauF2fs1pjU1
@mid.individual.net:

wrote in message
I am looking for an under cabinet tv dvd player combo with radio. I
want one with the new ATSC digital tuner. I dont want to spend a
whole lot on this for the kitchen. I have an OLD 4" jobby in their
now til feb when it will be a hanging paper weight. Any suggestions
on brands and deals?

What is an ATSC tuner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATSC_tuner

Google is your friend.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair

What is an ATSC tuner?

Advanced Television Systems Committee -- in other words, a tuner for digital
broadcasts.

Any TV with an ATSC tuner is likely to be flat-panel. I've seen some with
integral DVD players -- but they're not of the size that would permit
hanging under the cabinets.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
William Sommerwerck wrote:
What is an ATSC tuner?

Advanced Television Systems Committee -- in other words, a tuner for digital
broadcasts.

Any TV with an ATSC tuner is likely to be flat-panel. I've seen some with
integral DVD players -- but they're not of the size that would permit
hanging under the cabinets.

I may be wholly off-beam .. and I'm not sure this
answers the OP's question, but LiDL have just such
a small(er) drop-down LCD TV panel that clips onto
the underside of a kitchen cabinet.

Similar to their 'kitchen' radio ..the screen, if I
remember, swings in and upward when you need the space
...and dropping down when in use.

Not sure if the last model was digital ..but I guess
future models will be, as digital (ATSC?) is now
becoming the single TV transmission model for GB..

LiDL will likely have it on sale again ..and not before
too long..

hh )

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair

I may be wholly off-beam... and I'm not sure this
answers the OP's question, but LiDL have just such
a small(er) drop-down LCD TV panel that clips onto
the underside of a kitchen cabinet.

But does it have a DVD player?

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
William Sommerwerck wrote:
I may be wholly off-beam... and I'm not sure this
answers the OP's question, but LiDL have just such
a small(er) drop-down LCD TV panel that clips onto
the underside of a kitchen cabinet.

But does it have a DVD player?

Not sure.. ?) ..but I'm pretty certain it doesn't
make the tea or burn the toast.. )

Yes.. a dvd player would be very useful.. )

The LCD screen seems to be a useful size ..not big,
but enough for the purpose, I suppose.

I guess, if LiDL is reading this group, then they
may well think it an idea that their supplying company
should invest in.

Bill ZFC