Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help with no picture on RCA F32649 / CTC203

Hi,

Trying to fix my inlaws TV. At this point it's scrap to them, so I've
broken out my rarely used Hakko and reflowed everything I could on the
neck board and main board that I could get to. I looked for exploded
capacitors (all I've ever messed with is a few arcade monitors), but
didn't find any.

Searching F32649 on the net pretty much only reveals people saying it
could be the Flyback Transformer. Looks like something tough to
replace.

I've got a high voltage probe, and it seems like the TV is getting up
to at least 10kV. Maybe 20kV.

But, the real symptoms are as follows.
1. High Dog Hair and Cigarette Household.
2. Just put an area heater in front of it for a few days before it
went bad.
3. Started by screen going from full screen to just a horizontal
line. Would snap back to full screen.
4. Apparently did that and some weird on/off behavior for a day or
two.
5. Now, just does the old "click" in a 4 or 5 time on/off pattern at
the powersupply. No picture at all.

Any ideas? If it is possibly the flyback, where can I buy one from?
How much would it cost?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Most of the time, worn capacitors in these TV sets do not have any visual
difference. We use an ESR meter and a cap meter to check them. Most of the
faults in these TV sets are from capacitors going high in their ESR rating
with age.

As for the Flyback, RCA has world wide parts distributors. There may still
be some generic replacements sold by the independent electronic parts
suppliers. Do a Google search for RCA flyback and see if you can find a
vendor.

As for myself, I would not be spending any time on such a TV set. I would be
putting my efforts in getting new set.

--

JANA
_____

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3ÔÂ24ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç12ʱ55·Ö, Jon wrote:
[...]

Do you want access to China's massive pool of electronic
manufacturers... but lack the time to contact suppliers, negotiate
contracts, arrange shipping or monitor product quality? Don't worry -
Let seriouswholesale deal with all that for you.

*Check out the huge range of Gadgets, MP3 / MP4 Players, Car DVD /
Audio, and Computer Accessories now by visiting the online wholesale
catalog at seriouswholesale. com You'll have peace of mind thanks to
the seriouswholesale Quality Control, 12-month Warranty on all
products, and easy secure payment by credit card through Paypal.

Selling on eBay or your own online store? Send products direct from
our warehouse to your customers using our unique drop-shipping
service. You can profit by selling hundreds of different products,
without holding any of your own inventory! Any questions you have will
be answered by the seriouswholesale English-speaking customer support
team... Their aim is to make your China electronics importing business
easier to run than ever before.

Welcome to http://www.seriouswholesale.com.

seriouswholesale - Buy from the source, profit without the hassle.

- 12 Months Warranty - No minimum order restrictions - Drop-shipping
with no additional fee - Pay by safely by PayPal seriouswholesale
Wholesale Co., Ltd.: Chinas original and best online electronics
wholesaler & drop-shipper: seriouswholesale. com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

One of the most common horizontal drive faults of the CTC-203 chassis was
very poor solder connections at the inductor that connects physically to the
base of the Horizontal Output Transistor.
In production, a small amount of glue was flowed over the coil to hold it in
place, during the soldering process a bit of the material contaminated the
connection to the traces on the bottom of the pcb.
Removal of the coil, through cleaning of the coil leads and the pads, then
reflowing the solder to those connections normally resolved the problem.
The power supply would run and produce proper B+ but there would be no HV
and therefore no derived supplies.
I've seen LOPT replacements, by good techs that were not needed, due to the
fact they did not check the condition of mentioned connections leading from
the Horizontal drive transformer to the base of the output transistor.

RCA CTC203 Vince Electronics Repair 8 January 28th 06 05:11 AM
rca ctc203 ic Michele Smith Electronics Repair 3 May 30th 05 01:54 AM
RCA CTC203 ! Rono Electronics Repair 0 March 18th 05 09:01 PM
CTC203 Michele Smith Electronics Repair 3 January 25th 05 12:26 AM
HELP NEEDED CTC203 RCA demarce Electronics Repair 1 September 9th 03 12:51 PM