Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Picture on my monitor too dark.LOPT Screen adjustment not present?

Recently my monitor picture became dark. I have the setting on the
monitor on the highest, brightness and contrast setting level.

2 Focuses adjustments on the LOPT are present and were glued and they
can be moved up and down.

But Screen knob on the LOPT is moulded into the casing and is
unmovable.

I was wondering if there is another way to increase the brightness to
the tube other then the screen adjustment.

Monitor Model No.IPEX v798

thank you for your help.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 9, 11:49*pm, mike wrote:
Recently my monitor picture became dark. I have the setting on the
monitor on the highest, brightness and contrast setting level.

2 Focuses adjustments on the LOPT are present and were glued and they
can be moved up and down.

But Screen knob on the LOPT is moulded into the casing and is
unmovable.

I was wondering if there is another way to increase the brightness to
the tube other then the screen adjustment.

Monitor Model No.IPEX v798

thank you for your help.

probably filament voltage,,,odd as it sounds,you can take a foot or so
of
wire ,go around the fbt one maybe two times and connect to ffilament,
remove old connection first
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 9, 9:49*pm, mike wrote:

Recently my monitor picture became dark.
2 Focuses adjustments on the LOPT are present and were glued and they
can be moved up and down.

But Screen knob on the LOPT is moulded into the casing and is
unmovable.

The screen adjustment usually has one or more fixed resistors, in
addition
to the adjustment. One of those is likely to be bad (they're usually
in
the 220k ohm range, located near the CRT socket). Take the usual
precautions, and compare the measured resistance with the
color code.

One of the 'focus' adjustments is likely to change the screen (but
they're mislabeled - no surprise there, the 'screen' label was also
wrong).

DVDs: Picture gets bright-dark-bright-dark... woodpecker Electronics Repair 6 December 28th 07 07:17 AM
CT-25G7 Dark Picture Fred Electronics Repair 1 December 22nd 05 08:55 PM
AOC color monitor model 4S - very dark picture [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 20th 05 11:42 AM
TV screen turns dark Bob Home Repair 10 December 25th 04 01:26 AM
Changing LOPT in monitor... Mike Deblis Electronics Repair 11 April 26th 04 03:52 AM