Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Any Smart DumbAss in here knows How to Increase the Capacitance ofElectrolyte Capacitor?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Hello folks, this is another aioe.org forgery, the home of terroriosts.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

On 3/9/08 7:14 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 9, 2:40 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 04:42:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 9, 10:47 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Hello folks,

I am getting cheap these days, I am trying to cut corner by tripling the
capacitance in the capacitor, is this possible? I have heard that it's
possible. Some people have done it successfully. I am just wondering if
any of you smart dumbass can help.

If you weren't quite the ill-informed idiot that you are, you'd know
that the dielectric in an electrolytic capacitor is formed by the
electrolytic oxidation of the surface of the aluminium foil the forms
the plates of the capacitor.

---
LOL, hook, line, and sinker! :

http://www.vcomp.co.uk/tech_tips/ref...eform_caps.htm

If you weren't another uninformed idiot, you'd realise that the
proposition is at least potentionaly rational, even though Michael
Terrell is the source. It would be a daft thing to do, but could work,
after a fashion.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Bill, you're an idiot. Mike Terrell didn't post that.

and what makes you so sure?

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

If you stopped drinking and falling down the stairs you might learn
to read message headers, where you would see the coward is posting
through aioe.org.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Aioe.org the home of cowards and terrorists.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Aioe.org home to cowards and terrorists

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Hello folks,

I am getting cheap these days, I am trying to cut corner by tripling the
capacitance in the capacitor, is this possible? I have heard that it's
possible. Some people have done it successfully. I am just wondering if
any of you smart dumbass can help.

Any way, I would appreciate your help.

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael?A.?Terrell" wrote:

Stop your **** Chinese. I don't want to waste my times with your
****/scam.

You actually join the top rank of American idiots, I posted my question to
test your brain(s). The correct answer is: Yes you can change, double or
even triple the capacitance without paying High Price. It's all done,
soon enough you'll see new products coming out, so slim (0.5" in height
with 20A power capability.). Take care DumbAss.

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hello folks,

I am getting cheap these days, I am trying to cut corner by tripling
the
capacitance in the capacitor, is this possible? I have heard that it's
possible. Some people have done it successfully. I am just wondering
if
any of you smart dumbass can help.

If you weren't quite the ill-informed idiot that you are, you'd know
that the dielectric in an electrolytic capacitor is formed by the
electrolytic oxidation of the surface of the aluminium foil the forms
the plates of the capacitor.

If you reverse bias the capacitor you can reverse this process, making
the dielectric thinner ( and more likely to break down). Sadly, the
reverse process is unlikely to thin the oxide layer to exactly the
same extent at every point, so you run the risk of lowering the
breakdown voltage faster than you increase the capacitance.

As cheap goes, this about a poor and investment of your time as you
could make - short of slandering me in this user group which however
does seem to give you some kind of demented satisfaction - but do try
it. You won't enjoy the process at all, but does that worry me?

Agree. Use a strong power supply (3A or more), use high voltages. And
listen carefully, you can actually hear the capacitance grow.

P.

Oh Cheese, whatta recommendation!!! No, thanks, I pass. I am not going
to change the power supply just to get higher capacitance....

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

Right, I agree with your blabla... except how do you convert existing
capacitors into a higher capacitance without starting from scratch as you
suggested?

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael?A.?Terrell" wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Do you want access to China's massive pool of electronic
manufacturers... but lack the time to contact suppliers, negotiate
contracts, arrange shipping or monitor product quality? Don't worry -
Let seriouswholesale deal with all that for you.

*Check out the huge range of Gadgets, MP3 / MP4 Players, C

No thanks, most of them are scam.

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Have you not been paying attention to what is happening here recently?

Michael Terrell was *not* the source!

--

John Devereux

So what John Devour? I'm trying to get help don't you understand Dummy?

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 1:24 PM, in article , "Michael A.
Terrell"
wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 7:14 AM, in article
,

wrote:
[...]

So what Bill Board? I'm trying to get your brain to exercise and to
share
your intelligence if you had one. Evidently none of you seemed to have
the brain, the brain you have is a Bla-bla brain. I don't believe you
guys suggested -ebay, -China, -Reverse polarity, -Decrease Current to
3A
from 800A... What a whole bunch of Retards. No wonder why you went to
War like me serving the Evil master.

Does the Evil Master force you to be a cowardly POS, or are you just
naturally a CPOS?

I DON"T WORK FOR YOUR EVIL MASTER DUMMY. WHY ASK SUCH A DUMB QUESTION
DUMBASS?

STOP YOUR ****... AND USE YOUR BRIAN TO TRACE THE ROOT CAUSE DUMMY, OK?

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 2:14 PM, in article , "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 1:24 PM, in article , "Michael A.
Terrell"
wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 7:14 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

OK, I get it. You are naturally a cowardly piece of ****. It suits
you.

Yup.. You got that right Dumbass. Oh I feel good to see you down and
suffer at the pumps... Cause you followed my evil master with me didn't
you? Bye Incredible Cock sucker.. Have a bad one.

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

If the capacitor is large enough the vent is restrained and the supplied
current is adequate you get a nice mushroom cloud.

Bob

No Bob, you actually join the top rank of American idiots, I posted my
question to test your brain(s). The correct answer is: Yes you can
change, double or even triple the capacitance without paying High Price.
It's all done, soon enough you'll see new products coming out, so slim
(0.5" in height with 20A power capability.). Take care DumbAss.

--
Service to my evil master? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD666 to
prove it.
Member of DAV #666.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

legg wrote:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 9, 9:47 pm, Jamie
wrote:
Don Bowey wrote:
On 3/9/08 7:14 AM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

The signature is suggestive. The original Mike Terrell might have
developed a bizarre sense of humour, but fraud does seem much more
probable.

http://news.aioe.org/

is a free news server started in italy (their caps)in January.
Customrs are allowed 25 unauthenticated posts daily, but records are
kept for 30 days.

These mesages are time-stamped 3hrs earlier than EST, which sounds
more like the US west coast, than Italy.

That is probably where the forger is.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 02:47:53 -0800, "Michael*A.*Terrell"
wrote:

Hello folks,

I am getting cheap these days, I am trying to cut corner by tripling the
capacitance in the capacitor, is this possible? I have heard that it's
possible. Some people have done it successfully. I am just wondering if
any of you smart dumbass can help.

Any way, I would appreciate your help.

The little imposter / forger is here again.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 9, 9:47*pm, Jamie
wrote:
Don Bowey wrote:
On 3/9/08 7:14 AM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

RL

RL
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

Now the spammer / forger / impostor is stealing sloman's content.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

As you now realize, Michael _wasn't the source, and I disagree with
your proposition that it would be potentially rational.

The reason? Simple.

With a power supply connected opposite to the polarity indicated on
the capacitor, the anode oxide would be reduced but, at the same
time, the cathode would be oxidized leaving the total thickness of
the dielectric about the same, consequently keeping the capacitance
about the same.

I'm running a series of experiments to determine if that's the case,
and I'll post the results when I'm done.

Cool. I dare make a prediction. You will get many failures, but
occasionally get a nonpolar capacitor of 20% to 30% more capacitance
and about 1/3 the voltage rating. Let us know, the second result if
and when it occurs will take almost 10 times as long.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:19:09 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Hello folks, this is another aioe.org forgery, the home of terroriosts.

Thanks for the verification, It is pretty easy to spot now.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message ...

"Michael?A.?Terrell" wrote:

Another forgery.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!

You're sick.. Who knows maybe you're playing jokes on us. Quit acting dumb ****er.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 9, 5:51*pm, legg wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:39:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
LOL, hook, line, and sinker! :

http://www.vcomp.co.uk/tech_tips/ref...eform_caps.htm

If you weren't another uninformed idiot, you'd realise that the
proposition is at least potentionaly rational, even though Michael
Terrell is the source. It would be a daft thing to do, but could work,
after a fashion.

Have you not been paying attention to what is happening here recently?

Michael Terrell was *not* the source!

Ouch. I had noticed that someone was producing posts that purported to
come from him, but they were fairly obviously false. I should have
paid more attention to the signature.

I plead jet-lag. I got off the plane from Australia on Tuesday, so
I've been thinking that I ought to be okay by now, but I'm obviously
not thinking straight yet.

Never mind.

I believe the reforming process is intended to restore voltage
handling capability of the part. It won't alter the part's
capacitance.

The process is also covered by the old MIL-HDBK-1131.

Since "restoring voltage handling capability" means thickening up the
oxide layer, it probably will decrease the part's capacitance,
bringing it back towards the as-new value. The tolerance on most
electrolytic capacitors is pretty high, so it might be hard to prove.

---
You certainly don't seem to be thinking straight since, regardless
of the tolerance, measuring the capacitance before, and then after
reforming would certainly indicate if the process had changed the
capacitance.

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

If Wikipedia is right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolytic_capacitor

then so are you. It isn't a foregone conclusion - some electrolytic
capacitor manufacturers might not use pure aluminium for the counter-
foil and it wouldn't take much of the wrong metal oxide in the
oxidised film to make it conductive enough to be irrelevant.

Best of luck with your experiments.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijhmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 10, 1:25*am, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:
Hello folks,

I am getting cheap these days, I am trying to cut corner by tripling the
capacitance in the capacitor, is this possible? *I have heard that it's
possible. *Some people have done it successfully. *I am just wondering if
any of you smart dumbass can help.

If you weren't quite the ill-informed idiot that you are, you'd know
that the dielectric in an electrolytic capacitor is formed by the
electrolytic oxidation of the surface of the aluminium foil the forms
the plates of the capacitor.

* *Ill-informed idiot? *You can't even spot a forged post, you welfare
queen.

True. I spotted a couple of the forgeries, but got fascinated by the
technical content of that one. Like I said, I blame the lingering jet
lag.

And a cripple living on a disabled pension is just a much a welfare
queen as a retired engineer living on an old age pension ...

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:20:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

True. Good point.
---

Best of luck with your experiments.

---
Thanks. :-)

BTW, here's an excellent link:

http://electrochem.cwru.edu/ed/encyc...electr-cap.htm

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

No, I was told I can not work anymore, and never will be able to,
again. The difference is, I still want to work.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 9, 5:51*pm, legg wrote:
[...]

Sure it would, but how many people have a capacitor handy that needs
reforming?

If you could measure the capacitance before and after reforming - at
much the same temperature - you might be in with a chance, but
electrolytic capacitors are cranky beasts at the best of times.

Checking the capacitance of a capacitor that you reformed a couple of
years ago isn't going to tell you much.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 10, 3:04*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:
[...]

I believe you, but you could still make the claim in perfect safety,
protected by your doctors.

Oddly enough, I still want to work too, even though you don't believe
this. I believe your scepticism is based on the false idea that it is
as easy for an elderly electronic engineer to get work in the
Netherlands as it is in the USA - where even krw can get work. I
wouldn't have the time to waste arguing this point with you if this
were true.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 10, 12:34*pm, John Fields
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:20:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

snip

BTW, here's an excellent link:

http://electrochem.cwru.edu/ed/encyc...electr-cap.htm

Very good indeed. I'm particularly envious of the use of electron
microscope images to illustrate what is going on at the micro level at
the electrode surfaces.

I wanted to turn an electron microscope on the platinum black we were
putting on the electrode surfaces in our conductivity cell in my last
job, but the best the boss could come up with was an obsolete Philips
machine in someone local's hobby space, operated by the owner, and he
couldn't produce any useful images.

The report does suggest that the anode and cathode foils and foil
surfaces are distinctly different, which does make it difficult to
predict what reverse electrolysis might actually do, but will - of
course - provide an endless source of explanations for the results of
your experiments.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:59:59 -0800, "Don Bowey"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message ...
"Michael?A.?Terrell" wrote:

Another forgery.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!

You're sick.. Who knows maybe you're playing jokes on us. Quit acting dumb ****er.

How about you learn to check headers? Some creep child posting via
aioe.com has been impersonating him poorly.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:04:10 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:
[...]

And moreover is still providing benefits to Veterans and others by his
own hands.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59*am, John Fields
wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Since "restoring voltage handling capability" means thickening up the
oxide layer, it probably will decrease the part's capacitance,
bringing it back towards the as-new value. The tolerance on most
electrolytic capacitors is pretty high, so it might be hard to prove.

---
You certainly don't seem to be thinking straight since, regardless
of the tolerance, measuring the capacitance before, and then after
reforming would certainly indicate if the process had changed the
capacitance.

Sure it would, but how many people have a capacitor handy that needs
reforming?

---
Who cares?

We're talking process, not logistics.
---

If you could measure the capacitance before and after reforming - at
much the same temperature - you might be in with a chance, but
electrolytic capacitors are cranky beasts at the best of times.

---
Oh, well... You can't win if you don't play.
---

Checking the capacitance of a capacitor that you reformed a couple of
years ago isn't going to tell you much.

---
I don't think anyone said it would.

What I stated was that:

"measuring the capacitance before, and then after reforming would
certainly indicate if the process had changed the capacitance."

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 11, 3:34*pm, John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59*am, John Fields
wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Since "restoring voltage handling capability" means thickening up the
oxide layer, it probably will decrease the part's capacitance,
bringing it back towards the as-new value. The tolerance on most
electrolytic capacitors is pretty high, so it might be hard to prove.

---
You certainly don't seem to be thinking straight since, regardless
of the tolerance, measuring the capacitance before, and then after
reforming would certainly indicate if the process had changed the
capacitance.

Sure it would, but how many people have a capacitor handy that needs
reforming?

---
Who cares?

We're talking process, not logistics.

Actually, we are talking about being helpful, and the best advice
around isn't very helpful if you haven't got a capacitor around that
needs reforming to subject to the "right process".

snip

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default ee

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:43:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34*pm, John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59*am, John Fields
wrote:
[...]

No, we're not.

We're talking about whether the capacitance of an aluminum
electrolytic capacitor changes when it's being reformed.
---

and the best advice
around isn't very helpful if you haven't got a capacitor around that
needs reforming to subject to the "right process".

---
Well, you certainly haven't had any trouble slipping back into your
old horse's ass self after overcoming that jet lag, I see.

However, it does seem that your cognitive skills need some work.

Whether someone has such a capacitor or not is immaterial because
we're not talking about that, we're talking about the process.

In truth, the original post was a troll post through or from
aioe.org, asking whether the capacitance of an electrolytic could be
tripled. You took the bait hook, line, and sinker, and replied with
that link about reforming a capacitor which, as you've already
admitted, could only _lower_ the capacitance of a capacitor.

So, if you want to talk about being helpful you might ask yourself
why, if:

"... how many people have a capacitor handy that needs reforming?"

matters, you posted that link?

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Any Smart DumbAss in here knows How to Increase the Capacitance (was ee)

wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34*pm, John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59*am, John Fields
wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34*pm, John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59*am, John Fields
wrote:
[...]

Being helpful doesn't seem to figure in your priorities, and I'm not
(at the moment) bored enough to indulge in the kind of dim-witted nit-
picking that you do fancy.

snip

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen