Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default ee

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:40:10 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 12, 5:39*pm, John Fields wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:43:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34*pm, John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59*am, John Fields
wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Since "restoring voltage handling capability" means thickening up the
oxide layer, it probably will decrease the part's capacitance,
bringing it back towards the as-new value. The tolerance on most
electrolytic capacitors is pretty high, so it might be hard to prove.

---
You certainly don't seem to be thinking straight since, regardless
of the tolerance, measuring the capacitance before, and then after
reforming would certainly indicate if the process had changed the
capacitance.

Sure it would, but how many people have a capacitor handy that needs
reforming?

---
Who cares?

We're talking process, not logistics.

Actually, we are talking about being helpful,

---
No, we're not.

Being helpful doesn't seem to figure in your priorities, and I'm not
(at the moment) bored enough to indulge in the kind of dim-witted nit-
picking that you do fancy.

---
Bull****, chicken****.

All you're doing is backing away with your tail between your legs
while trying to save face by whining, "This argument is beneath me,
boo-hoo-hoo."

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59 am, John Fields
wrote:

[...]

I guess you were sleeping through the hundreds and hundreds,
maybe *thousands* of helpful posts from JF over the years.

Many of them would have been more helpful if he were a better
electronic engineer.

His intentions might be good, but his repertoire is very restricted,
and he doesn't understand that even good solutions can always be made
better, not that any solution involving a 555 or and LM318 is ever
going to rate as good (except perhaps for dumpster-diving).

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 14, 1:20*am, "Michael A. Terrell"

Many of them would have been more helpful if he were a better
electronic engineer.

His intentions might be good, but his repertoire is very restricted,
and he doesn't understand that even good solutions can always be made
better, not that any solution involving a 555 or and LM318 is ever
going to rate as good (except perhaps for dumpster-diving).

* *I guess that means the thousands you didn't post were even worse? *As
far as dumpster diving, people are afraid you'll be living in the
dumpster, and won't dive because of it.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 14, 1:20*am, "Michael A. Terrell"

Many of them would have been more helpful if he were a better
electronic engineer.

His intentions might be good, but his repertoire is very restricted,
and he doesn't understand that even good solutions can always be made
better, not that any solution involving a 555 or and LM318 is ever
going to rate as good (except perhaps for dumpster-diving).

* *I guess that means the thousands you didn't post were even worse?

You could check out the ones I did post. There are a few around. None
of them have much to do with the sort of problems you are interested
in, so you will be free to form your own conclusions about their
utility without having to consider pesky facts.

*As far as dumpster diving, people are afraid you'll be living in the dumpster, and won't dive because of it.

The municipality values the house I do live in at over a million U.S.
dollars at the current rate of exchange. Dumpsters are a little
cheaper.

Your anxiety is deluded (like a number of your other ideas). You
should be able to comfort yourself with the thought that Jim
Thompson's powerful friends in the FBI have made it impossible for me
to enter the USA - it isn't true, of course, but most of your
comforting delusions are equally unrelated to reality, so you really
should feel free to dive into any of your local dumpsters, feeling
confident that I couldn't possibly pop out to laugh at you.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59 am, John Fields
wrote:

[...]

By specifying that they could have been _more_ helpful,
you are specifying that they *were* helpful, proving that
your attempted implication that he was not helpful is
bull****. And your attempted denegration of him in the
remainder of your post is just pathetic. The picture
you paint - of yourself - is not pretty.

Ed

if he were a better
electronic engineer.

His intentions might be good, but his repertoire is very restricted,
and he doesn't understand that even good solutions can always be made
better, not that any solution involving a 555 or and LM318 is ever
going to rate as good (except perhaps for dumpster-diving).

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's it. Blame Jim for your shortcomings. Your bad attitude would
keep you from getting a Visa.

- it isn't true, of course, but most of your
comforting delusions are equally unrelated to reality, so you really
should feel free to dive into any of your local dumpsters, feeling
confident that I couldn't possibly pop out to laugh at you.

You don't think anyone else on the newsgroup might live near enough
to run into you?

As far as dumpster diving, I don't. I have enough hardware donated
to my CFV project to keep me busy whenever I'm well enough to work.
It's called volunteerism. You should try it sometime.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 14, 4:36*am, "Michael A. Terrell"

[...]

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html- Hide quoted text -

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

[...]

I've had a Visa card, and I've certainly had and used a U.S. visa,
though not recently. At one point my attitude was bad enough to alllow
me to get into US Army ECOM at Fort Monmoth, but I've not worked on
that kind of stuff for a long time now.

I'm not "blaming"Jim for anything - just laughing at his pretentions

- it isn't true, of course, but most of your
comforting delusions are equally unrelated to reality, so you really
should feel free to dive into any of your local dumpsters, feeling
confident that I couldn't possibly pop out to laugh at you.

* *You don't think anyone else on the newsgroup might live near enough
to run into you?

Since you ask I've met Frank Bemelman and Jonathon Bromley in real
life, and Jeroen Belleman once tried to get me work at Philips though
the Philips personnel department blocked this because I was too old.

* *As far as dumpster diving, I don't. *I have enough hardware donated
to my CFV project to keep me busy whenever I'm well enough to work.
It's called volunteerism. You should try it sometime.

Dutch ageism blocks even that.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 14, 4:26*am, ehsjr wrote:
wrote:

wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59 am, John Fields
wrote:

[...]

Back to the remedial English classes.

"Many of them would have been more helpful if he were a better
electronic engineer"

is pure sarcasm - the implication is that they were decidedly
unhelpful, mostly by concentrating the readers attention on childish
tricks one can play with the 555, which isn't quite as universally
applicable now as it was in it's glory days back in the early 1970's.
Technology has moved on since then, even if John Fields hasn't.

Being nasty about John Fields is my reaction to him being nasty about
me - I respond to politeness with politeness, and to rudeness with
rudeness.

In principle I ought to end with some kind of disparaging comment
about you, but your 1083 posting here are so uniformly undistinguished
that there is really nothing to disparage.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

y'all play nice now, ya hear? www.Yall.com www.Grits.com
www.SweetPotatoQueens.com
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A Terrell in central Florida, (if in fact you are the real
Michael A Terrell in central Florida?) Last time I will ever stick up
for your numbskull nonsense.You need to get right.
Yes, I have my DD 214 too, tree, fo.Moron!
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You Bitch,,,, U.S.Army, Scott Air Force Base,Illinois, ten months 1963,
Nike Nuclear Misiles.Two months Army Armorer School Fort Knox,Kentucky
Fort Knox,Kentucky 1963.One year in Vietnam 1964.Ten months Fort
Hood,Texas 1965.You little central Florida Bitch! I dont belong to any
DAV, I do my booze drinking right here on dogys couch.(she owns the
couch) www.cattledog.com www.acdca.org

Bup me ahh,,, tiem la!
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

You Bitch,,,, U.S.Army, Scott Air Force Base,Illinois, ten months 1963,
Nike Nuclear Misiles.Two months Army Armorer School Fort Knox,Kentucky
Fort Knox,Kentucky 1963.One year in Vietnam 1964.Ten months Fort
Hood,Texas 1965.You little central Florida Bitch! I dont belong to any
DAV, I do my booze drinking right here on dogys couch.(she owns the
couch)
www.cattledog.com www.acdca.org

DAV posts have bingo, not booze. VFW has the booze. Its obvious you
drink too much of it.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Un Coc Tuie! You dont know about the DAVs over here.(go to
Vicksburg,Mississppi) I do all of my booze drinking on doggys couch
anyway.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You cut the corn with me, Michael A Terrell in central Florida.Get
F....d! BITCH!
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 14, 6:14*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"

Dutch ageism blocks even that.

* *Then it isn't a fit place to live.

Not a proposition that I'm in a position to agree with.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Any Smart DumbAss in here knows How to Increase the Capacitanceof Electrolyte Capacitor?

wrote:
On Mar 10, 12:34 pm, John Fields
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:20:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

snip

BTW, here's an excellent link:

http://electrochem.cwru.edu/ed/encyc...electr-cap.htm

Very good indeed. I'm particularly envious of the use of electron
microscope images to illustrate what is going on at the micro level at
the electrode surfaces.

I wanted to turn an electron microscope on the platinum black we were
putting on the electrode surfaces in our conductivity cell in my last
job, but the best the boss could come up with was an obsolete Philips
machine in someone local's hobby space, operated by the owner, and he
couldn't produce any useful images.

The report does suggest that the anode and cathode foils and foil
surfaces are distinctly different, which does make it difficult to
predict what reverse electrolysis might actually do, but will - of
course - provide an endless source of explanations for the results of
your experiments.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Bill,

Do you still have the samples? I could use some SEM pictures of
platinum black for the second edition of my book, and I have access to a
couple of really nice Zeiss SEMs.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 16, 12:31*am, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

[...]

Sorry, no. As far as I know Haffmans in Venlo are still making the
unit (though they weren't selling as many as they'd hoped when I was
last in contact) but I didn't take any examples home with me when I
left them - platinum is expensive stuff and the electrode assembly
(with its built-in glass bead themistor) cost quite a lot of money.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen