Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default rotary electric shaver heads sharpened, adjusted (save$$)

Sharpening service including all Norelco models. One third to one
fourth the price of new heads.

email: for price and
mailing information.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Too bad you can't say the same thing about the trolls? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Too bad you can't say the same thing about the trolls? ;-)

I haven't seen a troll here last 30 years either.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

msg wrote:
Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.
Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

Michael

I have consumed 1.5 Philips shavers in 45 years, and have
not had to sharpen them ever.
The first one died from dropping it on the floor repeatedly.
The housing came apart.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Too bad you can't say the same thing about the trolls? ;-)

I haven't seen a troll here last 30 years either.

What they lack in quality, they make up in quantity.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

msg wrote:

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

I went through a set of heads about every three years, where the
grill wore till it cracked. No matter how I cleaned them, they didn't
last. Of course I had a VERY tough beard back then. I couldn't get
through a single shave on one double edged blade. I had to shave three
times a day while I was in the US Army, and went through four or five
blades most days. Man, was I ever glad to get out of basic training!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

msg writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

Ah, but is your shaver 30 years old? I think they fired all the designers
who came up with products that lasted too long.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

msg writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

Ah, but is your shaver 30 years old? I think they fired all the designers
who came up with products that lasted too long.

It was almost 34 years ago when I gave up and slammed the piece of
garbage against the concrete floor. Four repairs in one year was just
too much on an eight year old rechargeable razor. I grew a mustache
(And shaved it off every two weeks) just to tick off my CO in the Army.
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

msg writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

[...]

Oh, that was before they hired to good designers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I shaved once a day, every morning, when I was in the Army and for many
years afterwards.Nowadays I let my beard grow for a few months and then
I bush hog it with my electric hair clippers.No more razor burn for me!
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

Oh, that was before they hired to good designers.

I was in the middle of nowhere, deep in Alaska when it died for the
last time. It was my first attempt at percussive maintenance. There
were tiny bits of plastic and metal found all over the control room of
that 500 W TV station for months. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Using an electric shower and combi boiler as a team to save energy!? MrsCabbage UK diy 16 December 1st 06 05:08 PM
Using an electric shower and combi boiler as a team to save energy!? MrsCabbage UK diy 4 November 26th 06 02:38 PM
Adjusted focus, do I need to lock pots? JM Electronics Repair 5 August 8th 05 02:45 PM
electric shaver Tom Reedy Home Repair 7 April 29th 05 02:53 AM
Electric shaver battery replacement Tom Reedy Electronics Repair 0 April 25th 05 01:38 AM