Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default any projects people do with large 21" color monitor CRTs ?

I have a 94' DEC 21" computer monitor that may have had 2 years
of actuall use on it.

some component died inside but i think the CRT is OK ? it
looked great just before the caput.
the CRT seems very high quality, flat, black, anti-glare coating,
i believe it uses trinitron technology as it has the 2 aperature
wires at the middle thirds of the screen.

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

robb

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"robb" wrote:

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

Trashing them is often illegal. We take them in for recycling.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"robb" wrote in message
I have a 94' DEC 21" computer monitor that may have had 2 years
of actuall use on it.

some component died inside but i think the CRT is OK ? it
looked great just before the caput.
the CRT seems very high quality, flat, black, anti-glare coating,
i believe it uses trinitron technology as it has the 2 aperature
wires at the middle thirds of the screen.

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

robb

I fix them and use them, nothing beats a good flat Trinitron CRT, and if the
tube is in good shape the rest can be repaired.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"BobW" wrote in message

"robb" wrote in message
I have a 94' DEC 21" computer monitor that may have had 2

years
of actuall use on it.

some component died inside but i think the CRT is OK ? it
looked great just before the caput.
the CRT seems very high quality, flat, black, anti-glare

coating,
i believe it uses trinitron technology as it has the 2

aperature
wires at the middle thirds of the screen.

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just

trash
them ?

robb

You're supposed to shoot them with a 12ga shotgun.

will a 16ga work

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article ,
"robb" wrote:

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

Trashing them is often illegal. We take them in for recycling.

"Ecnerwal",

Yup... correctly said but most people on CraigL tried to sell their junks.
I told them that I will remove their bad equipment for free and they didn't
want it. They want me to pay for this junky stuffs... America is
hungry....Heeheee......Donchaknow?...............

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"BobW" wrote in message

"robb" wrote in message
I have a 94' DEC 21" computer monitor that may have had 2 years
of actuall use on it.

some component died inside but i think the CRT is OK ? it
looked great just before the caput.
the CRT seems very high quality, flat, black, anti-glare coating,
i believe it uses trinitron technology as it has the 2 aperature
wires at the middle thirds of the screen.

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

robb

You're supposed to shoot them with a 12ga shotgun.

Bob

Becareful you guys there are retards that will do just what you said.
Later someone gets hurt, and you laugh at each other for nothing but for
stupidities on bother sides. I heard the guy drilled his finger nail
because someone told him to.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Jakthehammer wrote:

Yup... correctly said but most people on CraigL tried to sell their junks.
I told them that I will remove their bad equipment for free and they didn't
want it. They want me to pay for this junky stuffs.

try freecycle instead: http://www.freecycle.org

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:16:57 -0500, "robb" wrote:

I have a 94' DEC 21" computer monitor that may have had 2 years
of actuall use on it.

some component died inside but i think the CRT is OK ? it
looked great just before the caput.
the CRT seems very high quality, flat, black, anti-glare coating,
i believe it uses trinitron technology as it has the 2 aperature
wires at the middle thirds of the screen.

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

robb

Unless you already have experience fixing monitors (or TVs)
this is likely to be a major problem. It may be worth your taking a
quick peek inside, but in general this is not a good choice for a
home repair job.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v3.50
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, FREE Signal Generator
Science with your sound card!
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:16:57 -0500, "robb" wrote:

I have a 94' DEC 21" computer monitor that may have had 2 years
of actuall use on it.

some component died inside but i think the CRT is OK ? it
looked great just before the caput.
the CRT seems very high quality, flat, black, anti-glare coating,
i believe it uses trinitron technology as it has the 2 aperature
wires at the middle thirds of the screen.

Are there any projects people use these for or usually just trash
them ?

robb

Unless you already have experience fixing monitors (or TVs)
this is likely to be a major problem. It may be worth your taking a
quick peek inside, but in general this is not a good choice for a
home repair job.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

If the problem is that the crt is too bright, take a look at this thread:

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread...=19549&page=14

I was able to fix two Dell P991's by just reprogramming their flash with a
lower
G2 voltage setting.

Dan