Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba model 24AF44, Ch. M3M627 focus and luminence problem

The customer said that all of a sudden the screen went out of focus
and the brightness drastically reduced. Although I never suspected an
adjustment problem I tried the controls just to see. The flyback
screen control will raise the screen and the focus has some effect but
does not have sufficient range. I have no schematic for this set. I'm
thinking bad divider in the IHVT or is there perhaps an external
resistor in the divider circuit that might do this? Another respondent
suggested a possible focus to G2 short however there does not seem to
be one. Or does anyone know if this problem is common to this set?
Thanks. Lenny.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 3, 12:37*pm, "
wrote:
The customer said that all of a sudden the screen went out of focus
and the brightness drastically reduced. Although I never suspected an
adjustment problem I tried the controls just to see. The flyback
screen control will raise the screen and the focus has some effect but
does not have sufficient range. I have no schematic for this set. I'm
thinking bad divider in the IHVT or is there perhaps an external
resistor in the divider circuit that might do this? Another respondent
suggested a possible focus to G2 short however there does not seem to
be one. Or does anyone know if this problem is common to this set?
Thanks. Lenny.

I just wanted to add that after running for awhile I also noticed that
the flyback is quite hot. There doesn't seem to be any other
noticeable problems with the secondaries.Lenny.