Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microchip part ID.

This is a part I've asked about before, but got the number wrong - having
found another and used a better magnifier I found that I'd mistook an E for
a 1

The first chip was found on a Toshiba laptop display panel

/\\540
575E

The second was found on a Toshiba laptop audio board

/\\524
575C

Both devices are 4 pin and about 4.54 x 3.11mm.

TIA.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote in message
This is a part I've asked about before, but got the number wrong - having
found another and used a better magnifier I found that I'd mistook an E

for
a 1

The first chip was found on a Toshiba laptop display panel

/\\540
575E

The second was found on a Toshiba laptop audio board

/\\524
575C

Both devices are 4 pin and about 4.54 x 3.11mm.

TIA.

So is the first 2 characters a logo like "Meret inc" ?
or caret slash, or forward back back slash ??

This tip works a treat for poorly legible print on ICs etc

I could not read 3 of the 5 characters on a heat damaged TOP66 power
transistor.
I wondered if a sort of "brass rubbing" would work.
I just happened to have some plummer's PTFE tape to hand ( nominal 0.05 to
0.08 mm thick).
Laid a piece over it, rubbed with a finger nail, and the missing characters
came up like magic.
As the characters remained on the PTFE, as an image , I realised you could
use this technique to read IC lettering where it is imppossible to read,
because of constrictions and inability to introduce a mirror or even just
where you cannot get the illumination at just the right angle to read.
You need access space enough to introduce a piece of PTFE and then rub it
with the wooden end of a small artist's brush, or similar, wrapped in some
of the PTFE, so it rubs easily without dragging.
Don't rub too firmly because you want the relief print to show as clear and
the rest of the PTFE becoming translucent rather than the original white.
Remove and read with a backlight or against something matt black. Maybe a
couple of attempts to get a clear image in all parts of the label.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England