Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microchip 5751.

Not exactly a repair question, but this group is a more likely place to find
someone who may have encountered the device I seek to identify.

Recently while plundering a scrap Toshiba laptop display for ceramic chip
caps, I spotted a small 4 pin device with the Microchip mark on it, its like
a medium sized SMD transistor 4.57 x 3.11 mm and has the number "5751" under
the trade mark, entering the number (not knowing the prefix) on the
microchip search gives no results and google gives a lot of tube data hits -
my only hope is if anyone knows this device and can tell me the part number
prefix.

Any help appreciated TIA.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

sounds like a power mosfet switch like this one IPS5751, IPS5751S
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../IPS5751S.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

sounds like a power mosfet switch like this one IPS5751, IPS5751S
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../IPS5751S.html

Since the 4 pin SMD package measures 4.57 x 3.11 mm I think that rules out
anything in a TO220 or its SMD equivalent!