Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OB2269 IC source?

Would anyone know where I could obtain an OB2269 IC?

From what I've been able to google, this is a PWM controller IC
(http://www.on-bright.com/OB2269_DS.pdf).

I managed to find a site where I could order 50,000, but I was sort of
hoping to buy 1, perhaps 1 extra for backup.

Thanks for any pointers...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 27, 12:28 am, "Mr. Land" wrote:
Would anyone know where I could obtain an OB2269 IC?

From what I've been able to google, this is a PWM controller IC
(http://www.on-bright.com/OB2269_DS.pdf).

I managed to find a site where I could order 50,000, but I was sort of
hoping to buy 1, perhaps 1 extra for backup.

Thanks for any pointers...

Sorry I have no pointers but good luck finding someone to sell you the
part you need. I suspect the IC is somewhat specialized and not
stocked by the normal variety of component vendors and you have
discovered brokers who require minimum qty, $$$ orders.

I'm in a similar situation and have scoured the internet for days
hoping to find a source for just 1 or 2 devices. Most brokers did not
even respond to a RFQ even though they had sources that had only 1
device available. My thinking was that the source with only 1 device
on hand would be happy to get it out of their inventory. But it seems
the brokers don't find it profitable to deal in small quantities
unless the price meets a minimum $$$ amount (typically $300+). You
have no way of knowing who that source is so you can't contact them
directly to make an offer.

From my experience it appears we are both SOL but since this was my
first time trying to deal with brokers I would also be interested in
any pointers anyone has to offer.

BTW, I've been searching for a source for a Phillips SAA7199WP (84pin
PLCC) Digital Video Encoder for the past several months. I'm sitting
on a 16 channel video multiplexer that's junk without the part.

Good Luck,
Rush
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:28:55 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Land"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Would anyone know where I could obtain an OB2269 IC?

From what I've been able to google, this is a PWM controller IC
(http://www.on-bright.com/OB2269_DS.pdf).

I managed to find a site where I could order 50,000, but I was sort of
hoping to buy 1, perhaps 1 extra for backup.

Thanks for any pointers...

I can't find a source, but maybe a full datasheet might help you
narrow down an equivalent. FWIW, this is the datasheet for an XN1042
which looks similar but may in fact cross to a different On-Bright
part:

http://211.94.206.193/down.php?domai...1193332592.pdf

The SG6846 looks like it might be adaptable. Other SG684x parts may
also be worth a look:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sear....x=28&sub.y=10

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 27, 4:16*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:28:55 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Land"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Would anyone know where I could obtain an OB2269 IC?

From what I've been able to google, this is a PWM controller IC

http://211.94.206.193/down.php?domai...&file=58/19164....

The SG6846 looks like it might be adaptable. Other SG684x parts may
also be worth a look:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sear...manystr=&sub.x...

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks for the replies and pointers...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 27 2007, 4:16*pm, Franc Zabkar
wrote:
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:28:55 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Land"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Would anyone know where I could obtain an OB2269 IC?

From what I've been able to google, this is a PWM controller IC
(http://www.on-bright.com/OB2269_DS.pdf).

I managed to find a site where I could order 50,000, but I was sort of
hoping to buy 1, perhaps 1 extra for backup.

Thanks for any pointers...

I can't find a source, but maybe a full datasheet might help you
narrow down an equivalent. FWIW, this is the datasheet for an XN1042
which looks similar but may in fact cross to a different On-Bright
part:

http://211.94.206.193/down.php?domai...&file=58/19164....

The SG6846 looks like it might be adaptable. Other SG684x parts may
also be worth a look:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sear...manystr=&sub.x...

- Franc Zabkar

Hmm, that's interesting...

The first page of the datasheet for the XN1042 whose link you posted
(thanks)
matches, word-for-word, the infosheet I'd found for the OB2269, except
for
the name of the chip.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:43:06 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Land"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Dec 27 2007, 4:16*pm, Franc Zabkar

I can't find a source, but maybe a full datasheet might help you
narrow down an equivalent. FWIW, this is the datasheet for an XN1042
which looks similar but may in fact cross to a different On-Bright
part:

http://211.94.206.193/down.php?domai...&file=58/19164...

The SG6846 looks like it might be adaptable. Other SG684x parts may
also be worth a look:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sear...manystr=&sub.x...

- Franc Zabkar

Hmm, that's interesting...

The first page of the datasheet for the XN1042 whose link you posted
(thanks)
matches, word-for-word, the infosheet I'd found for the OB2269, except
for
the name of the chip.

That's how I found it. ;-)

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 4, 7:01*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

Wish I could! I can't find anyone selling any of these numbers
(OB2269, XN1042, SG6846)

Guess I'll have to admit defeat on this one.

Thanks.