Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sharp lc 32gd6u

When I plug in the TV I get a solid red light followed by one blink,
then two quick blinks, then a steady series of blinks (all red).

I called Sharp and they directed me to a service center. I took the TV
in and was told something about the circuit boards that I didn't quite
understand. the service person didn't speak English very well so i
couldn't pinpoint with him the exact problem. But the gist of it was
that it wasn't worth it for him or me to fix it. The quote he gave me
was around $1000.

The TV is only three years old and I paid $3,000 for the thing, so I'm
trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with it and whether I can
get it fixed.

Any thoughts? Should I take it in to another service center for a
second opinion?...or does this problem sound like the unit is totaled?
for me, having to pay $1,000 means it is totaled.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

pete
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

For your investment it may be worth having it looked at by an authorized
Sharp Service Center. Call Sharp and ask for referral of ASC in your area.
If the problem has to do with the lamps and/or ballast assemblies (part of
the display) then it may not be servicable. IMHO
"pete.nicks" wrote in message
[...]

Too sharp or fack sharp (waterstones) MrM Woodworking 5 November 21st 06 01:19 PM
Sharp LCD. Dani Electronics Repair 0 July 19th 06 02:59 PM
Sharp tv not so sharp David Sewell Electronics Repair 7 October 23rd 05 08:21 PM
3DZ13 (SHARP) and 3TZ53 (SHARP) yt87788248 Electronics Repair 1 October 17th 05 09:03 AM
Sharp tv Paul Vatal Electronics Repair 2 April 27th 05 09:56 PM