Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital Caliper

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap 150mm
Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It
still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"PG1D/PA-11Ø12" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap
150mm Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not
working. It still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese anything?

Check the obvious like dirty connectors or cracked joints, otherwise buy a
new one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" schreef in bericht

"PG1D/PA-11Ø12" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap
150mm Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not
working. It still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese
anything?

Check the obvious like dirty connectors or cracked joints, otherwise buy a
new one.

Hé James, this is sci.electronics.REPAIR, not sci.electronics.buynew ;-}

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

James Sweet wrote:
snip

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese anything?

If the device needs FCC type acceptance and the filer didn't request confidentiality,
schematics are often available on 'gullfoss' (unfortunately digital calipers don't
radiate much RF ;-) )

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hé James, this is sci.electronics.REPAIR, not sci.electronics.buynew ;-}

That's why I said check the obvious stuff, if the problem is not obvious,
then you don't stand a chance. These things are truly not meant to be
repaired, doesn't mean you won't succeed, but you won't find schematics or
replacement parts.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:50:52 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap 150mm
Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It
still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

I recently obtained a circuit, exploded diagram, and a detailed
how-it-works explanation for a $20 Chinese made gadget merely by
downloading its patent info from the US patent office.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" schreef in bericht
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:50:52 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap
150mm
Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It
still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

I recently obtained a circuit, exploded diagram, and a detailed
how-it-works explanation for a $20 Chinese made gadget merely by
downloading its patent info from the US patent office.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc! I visited Patentsonline and sofar only found the original
European patent, but without diagrams. Will hav e another attempt.
Dirk

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:07:06 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I visited Patentsonline and sofar only found the original
European patent, but without diagrams.

I use this database:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/search.html

If you register (free), then you will have access to the PDF versions.

There is also the United States Patent and Trademark Office web site:
http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

- Franc Zabkar