DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Digital Caliper (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/222854-digital-caliper.html)

PG1D/PA-11Ø12 November 28th 07 07:50 AM

Digital Caliper

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap 150mm
Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It
still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

James Sweet November 28th 07 08:29 AM

Digital Caliper

"PG1D/PA-11Ø12" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap
150mm Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not
working. It still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese anything?

Check the obvious like dirty connectors or cracked joints, otherwise buy a
new one.

PG1D/PA-11Ø12 November 28th 07 03:07 PM

Digital Caliper

"James Sweet" schreef in bericht

"PG1D/PA-11Ø12" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap
150mm Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not
working. It still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese
anything?

Check the obvious like dirty connectors or cracked joints, otherwise buy a
new one.

Hé James, this is sci.electronics.REPAIR, not sci.electronics.buynew ;-}

msg November 28th 07 04:32 PM

Digital Caliper

James Sweet wrote:
snip

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese anything?

If the device needs FCC type acceptance and the filer didn't request confidentiality,
schematics are often available on 'gullfoss' (unfortunately digital calipers don't
radiate much RF ;-) )

Michael

James Sweet November 28th 07 04:36 PM

Digital Caliper

Hé James, this is sci.electronics.REPAIR, not sci.electronics.buynew ;-}

That's why I said check the obvious stuff, if the problem is not obvious,
then you don't stand a chance. These things are truly not meant to be
repaired, doesn't mean you won't succeed, but you won't find schematics or
replacement parts.

Franc Zabkar November 30th 07 06:40 AM

Digital Caliper

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:50:52 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap 150mm
Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It
still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

I recently obtained a circuit, exploded diagram, and a detailed
how-it-works explanation for a $20 Chinese made gadget merely by
downloading its patent info from the US patent office.

- Franc Zabkar

PG1D/PA-11Ø12 November 30th 07 11:07 AM

Digital Caliper

"Franc Zabkar" schreef in bericht
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:50:52 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap
150mm
Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It
still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too.
Thanks,
Dirk

I recently obtained a circuit, exploded diagram, and a detailed
how-it-works explanation for a $20 Chinese made gadget merely by
downloading its patent info from the US patent office.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc! I visited Patentsonline and sofar only found the original
European patent, but without diagrams. Will hav e another attempt.
Dirk

Franc Zabkar November 30th 07 11:37 PM

Digital Caliper

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:07:06 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I visited Patentsonline and sofar only found the original
European patent, but without diagrams.

I use this database:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/search.html

If you register (free), then you will have access to the PDF versions.

There is also the United States Patent and Trademark Office web site:
http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

- Franc Zabkar