Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default source of flex cable

I have a casio ex word dictionary that has a broken flex ribbon cable. Is
there anywhere that I could possibly source a replacement. The connection on
each end is the same, and I could live with something that will just work
rather than the original cable. I think there are 28 pins on the end but it
is rather difficult to count. The spacing is the same as if you lined 30
gauge wire side by side. I had tried to solder #30 wire to the connections
unsuccessfully. I thought I had it, the ohm meter said it was good, but I
think when I moved it to assemble everything the weak solder joints broke.

Cooker flex/cable again! PeterK UK diy 18 April 18th 16 10:15 PM
Cooker flex/cable again! Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 0 December 10th 06 10:54 AM
Oven flex or cable PeterK UK diy 4 November 12th 06 09:23 AM
Attaching flex cable to PCB Franc Zabkar Electronics Repair 22 November 21st 04 06:54 AM
38 pin flex cable (flat conductor) Sidney Electronics Repair 0 October 29th 04 02:27 AM