Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default source of flex cable

I have a casio ex word dictionary that has a broken flex ribbon cable. Is
there anywhere that I could possibly source a replacement. The connection on
each end is the same, and I could live with something that will just work
rather than the original cable. I think there are 28 pins on the end but it
is rather difficult to count. The spacing is the same as if you lined 30
gauge wire side by side. I had tried to solder #30 wire to the connections
unsuccessfully. I thought I had it, the ohm meter said it was good, but I
think when I moved it to assemble everything the weak solder joints broke.