Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do all 90mhz handsets work with bases

Hello
I have a base for a Panasonic cordless 900mhz phone but no handset
other than a Vtech 900mhz handset. Assuming the channel allotment is
the same I wonder if the Vtech can use the Panasonic if the handset is
charged with an alternate cradle. I checked Goldswasser's faq but to
no avail
Thanks
Ken

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"kturnerga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello
I have a base for a Panasonic cordless 900mhz phone but no handset
other than a Vtech 900mhz handset. Assuming the channel allotment is
the same I wonder if the Vtech can use the Panasonic if the handset is
charged with an alternate cradle. I checked Goldswasser's faq but to
no avail
Thanks
Ken

Probably no.. There is a small chance they are both the same phone in
different packaging, but I doubt it. You could always try.

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message

"kturnerga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello
I have a base for a Panasonic cordless 900mhz phone but no handset
other than a Vtech 900mhz handset. Assuming the channel allotment is
the same I wonder if the Vtech can use the Panasonic if the handset is
charged with an alternate cradle. I checked Goldswasser's faq but to
no avail
Thanks
Ken

Probably no.. There is a small chance they are both the same phone in
different packaging, but I doubt it. You could always try.

Mike

I see that my statement was unclear.. If the phone looks physically
compatible, there is a possibility. If it fits on the base, try it and see
what happens if you have no use for the phone and base.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in news:1a575i.59t.17.1
@news.alt.net:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 08:51:13 -0700, kturnerga wrote:

Hello
I have a base for a Panasonic cordless 900mhz phone but no handset
other than a Vtech 900mhz handset. Assuming the channel allotment is
the same I wonder if the Vtech can use the Panasonic if the handset

is
charged with an alternate cradle. I checked Goldswasser's faq but to
no avail
Thanks
Ken

Why not just try it? It's old enough technology that it may work.

I think inter-phone compatibility went away with digitally controlled
46/49Mhz phones

Before that they used simple pilot tones and standard fixed frequency
crystal oscillators. Assuming you got a phone and base on the same
channel, you could likely tweak the pilot generators/detectors and have
it work.

After that, they used there own phoneBase communication scheme, and/or
subcodes.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The different manufactures use their own frequency and protocol. Only if the
units are internally the same and designed to work with the same protocol
they will be compatible.

--

JANA
_____

"kturnerga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello
I have a base for a Panasonic cordless 900mhz phone but no handset
other than a Vtech 900mhz handset. Assuming the channel allotment is
the same I wonder if the Vtech can use the Panasonic if the handset is
charged with an alternate cradle. I checked Goldswasser's faq but to
no avail
Thanks
Ken

Static problem with Uniden 5.8 Ghz handsets lizch Electronics Repair 4 June 9th 06 04:44 PM
Repairing cordless phone handsets [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 June 16th 05 07:28 PM
Q ? on moble bases C C Woodworking 3 November 9th 04 02:58 PM
Mobile bases Leon Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 02:54 PM
Telephone Handsets/Headsets Hiram Hackenbacker UK diy 3 July 17th 03 04:50 AM