Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repair infrared soldered connection?

I have a cordless phone with a LCD that has some of the characters
missing. I was able to determine it is a poor connection at the point
which a flex ribbon cable is attached to the PWB. That connection is
apparently soldered with the infrared technique. Does anyone have any
ideas on how such a connection could be repaired with common electronic
repair tools?

Obviously it can be done with the tools used to assemble the circuit
when made, but not many people have such tools in their homes. Thanks.

About TV Repair: How do I disconnect Anode connection from Circuit board? Red Cloud Electronics Repair 4 June 10th 07 04:36 PM
Neater End Feed Soldered Joints - How ? [email protected] UK diy 16 September 8th 05 11:30 PM
Canon ZR200 camcorder repair help (battery connection) Captain Mooboy Electronics Repair 2 June 12th 05 01:14 AM
Soldered cable ends? patrick j UK diy 18 January 6th 05 06:02 PM
Outside hose connection repair Texas Yankee Home Repair 8 August 6th 04 01:39 PM