Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Material Taken from the Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ

Does anyone have the book: Practical Electronics for Inventors by
Paul Scherz? Someone emailed me noting that most of the safety guidelines
in the book seem to be virtually identical to what's in
the S.E.R FAQ safety document at: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/safety.htm .

Most of these safety guidelines are well known so it's possible that
we both got at least some of the ideas from another source, but the specific
phrasing and details are unique to the S.E.R FAQ and match almost
or exactly word-for-word. So, it is almost certain that's where they
originated and somehow made it into the book. Two examples are the ones
starting: "If you need to probe....", and "The use of a GFCI....".

I'm not going to worry about it if the author only copied some of the safety
guidelines, but if other portions of the book are word for word from the FAQs,
I would contact the publisher.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 28, 7:00 am, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Does anyone have the book: Practical Electronics for Inventors by
Paul Scherz? Someone emailed me noting that most of the safety guidelines
in the book seem to be virtually identical to what's in
the S.E.R FAQ safety document at:http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/safety.htm.

You can find excerpts from the book at: (watch for line wrap!)

http://books.google.com/books?id=NmD...LPbxDS5s7yovyc

If you have a BitTorrent client, Google shows a PDF torrent of the
book at:

www.mininova.org/tor/573424

Jerry