Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Monitor problem

I have quite new LCD Samsung Syncmaster 720n monitor. Since about
three days there's a problem. On very start of comuter it shows
"Brightness" in center. It appears when it wants with no activity on
my side. When I press Auto or Menu button on monitor in disappears for
good or for only a second. Anyway it can drive crazy. Do You know
where the problem may begin? Is it monitor failure, or graphic card
failure? Or something else? Help

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26 Wrz, 21:03, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:26:05 +0000, flocculus wrote:
I have quite new LCD Samsung Syncmaster 720n monitor. Since about
three days there's a problem. On very start of comuter it shows
"Brightness" in center. It appears when it wants with no activity on
my side. When I press Auto or Menu button on monitor in disappears for
good or for only a second. Anyway it can drive crazy. Do You know
where the problem may begin? Is it monitor failure, or graphic card
failure? Or something else? Help

Likely problem with monitor on screen display. If it's "quite new" it's
under warranty, have it repaired.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

flocculus wrote:

On 26 Wrz, 21:03, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:26:05 +0000, flocculus wrote:
I have quite new LCD Samsung Syncmaster 720n monitor. Since about
three days there's a problem. On very start of comuter it shows
"Brightness" in center. It appears when it wants with no activity on
my side. When I press Auto or Menu button on monitor in disappears for
good or for only a second. Anyway it can drive crazy. Do You know
where the problem may begin? Is it monitor failure, or graphic card
failure? Or something else? Help

Likely problem with monitor on screen display. If it's "quite new" it's
under warranty, have it repaired.

Thanks

Is there a button on the monitor that would bring up the "brightness" menu?
Maybe that switch is faulty, or the casing is mechanically pressing on that
switch and activating the menu. Try pressing gently on the casing around
that switch and see if it causes or affects the problem.

Chris