Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Meteor,

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Where in Melbourne are you, ie, suburb ?

Cheers
IBManners

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meteor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 11, 2:59 am, "Dave" wrote:
"Meteor" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

It doesn't work in some modes if it's similar to some of the Sonys
I've owned and seen.

It should work in a Prologic (or AC-3 maybe) mode, Phantom at least,
hall maybe, depending if Prologic is on or simulated and may not
function depending on how you set any Sound Field settings. I had an
865 and the D611 I have still isn't as fancy but it operates
similarly.

Last consideration is that each amp section has it's own relay I would
bet and there is more than one fused section in there. If you
operated it out of spec if MIGHT be damaged...I've been told by Sony
that it's not recommend to operate A and B simultaneously as it can
and will damage one or both outputs (you can still use the undamaged
section as FRONT and obtain surround if the surround outputs are
okay). You might lift the bonnet and visually inspect fuses, relays
and look for burnt sections first.

An owner's manual might be available from Sony online...they seem to
have regained there senses here in the US even if they were borrowed
and have writing on them. Try eBay, Sony or whomever you normally go
to sitting with a laptop on St.Kilda beaches.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 11, 5:56 pm, Ian Manners wrote:
Hi Meteor,

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Where in Melbourne are you, ie, suburb ?

Cheers
IBManners

I'm in Caulfield North

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 11, 6:59 pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Meteor" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Actually I haven't checked for ages, but there was a time when I went
through every single option in the entire unit, so I'm sure it isn't
switched off. But I'll double check. Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 11, 7:27 pm, Steven wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:59 am, "Dave" wrote:

"Meteor" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Haha! Thanks for the info.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 12, 10:54 am, Meteor wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:59 pm, "Dave" wrote:

"Meteor" wrote in message

roups.com...

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Actually I haven't checked for ages, but there was a time when I went
through every single option in the entire unit, so I'm sure it isn't
switched off. But I'll double check. Thanks.

Had another look last night and can't find any menu item that turns
enables it.

AV repairs [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 March 18th 07 08:53 PM
Do it your self repairs [email protected] Home Repair 16 March 18th 07 04:56 PM
lock repairs Patt Home Repair 2 November 14th 04 04:27 AM
Story & Info: Slab leak pipe repair Melbourne FL Brevard Co Rick Home Repair 0 September 3rd 03 01:18 AM