DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/214004-repairs-sony-str-de525-melbourne.html)

Meteor September 11th 07 06:04 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Ian Manners September 11th 07 08:56 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

Hi Meteor,

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Where in Melbourne are you, ie, suburb ?

Cheers
IBManners

Dave September 11th 07 09:59 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

"Meteor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Steven September 11th 07 10:27 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

On Sep 11, 2:59 am, "Dave" wrote:
"Meteor" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

It doesn't work in some modes if it's similar to some of the Sonys
I've owned and seen.

It should work in a Prologic (or AC-3 maybe) mode, Phantom at least,
hall maybe, depending if Prologic is on or simulated and may not
function depending on how you set any Sound Field settings. I had an
865 and the D611 I have still isn't as fancy but it operates
similarly.

Last consideration is that each amp section has it's own relay I would
bet and there is more than one fused section in there. If you
operated it out of spec if MIGHT be damaged...I've been told by Sony
that it's not recommend to operate A and B simultaneously as it can
and will damage one or both outputs (you can still use the undamaged
section as FRONT and obtain surround if the surround outputs are
okay). You might lift the bonnet and visually inspect fuses, relays
and look for burnt sections first.

An owner's manual might be available from Sony online...they seem to
have regained there senses here in the US even if they were borrowed
and have writing on them. Try eBay, Sony or whomever you normally go
to sitting with a laptop on St.Kilda beaches.

Meteor September 12th 07 01:52 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

On Sep 11, 5:56 pm, Ian Manners wrote:
Hi Meteor,

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Where in Melbourne are you, ie, suburb ?

Cheers
IBManners

I'm in Caulfield North

Meteor September 12th 07 01:54 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

On Sep 11, 6:59 pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Meteor" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Actually I haven't checked for ages, but there was a time when I went
through every single option in the entire unit, so I'm sure it isn't
switched off. But I'll double check. Thanks.

Meteor September 12th 07 01:55 AM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

On Sep 11, 7:27 pm, Steven wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:59 am, "Dave" wrote:

"Meteor" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Haha! Thanks for the info.

Meteor September 12th 07 11:24 PM

Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

On Sep 12, 10:54 am, Meteor wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:59 pm, "Dave" wrote:

"Meteor" wrote in message

roups.com...

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair
a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer
output?

Thanks

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Actually I haven't checked for ages, but there was a time when I went
through every single option in the entire unit, so I'm sure it isn't
switched off. But I'll double check. Thanks.

Had another look last night and can't find any menu item that turns
enables it.