Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bob bob is offline

Default Very strange Digital camera problem

I have a Fuji Finepix that has a strange attachment to a set of batteries.As
so much so that it will not work with any other batteries and wondered if
anyone has a guess why this might be
This is a finepix A345 that uses two AA cells. Ran fine for years then I
decided to save some money with rechargables so I got an energizer charger
and some 2500 mah NIMH batteries and all was fine.
Somewhere along the way I bought some Empire Scientific Batteries and thats
when the love affair began.
The Camera will only power on with two of the Empire batteries and no
others. I have tried rechargable and even went through several new packages
of alkalyne batteries before I convinced myself that there were only two
battries that would turn this camera on.
I pull them out and they read 1.28 and 1.3 volts which is similar to other
rechargables so I'm totally baffled and open to any theories.
The only other thing I did notice was with a set of new alkaline batteries
that read 1.5&1.52 V the camera would occasionally come on but power off as
soon as I released the power button
Thanks in Advancve

BOb