Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Quick Messages in motorola KRZR K1m phone

Can anyone tell me what the preset quick messages in the KRZR K1m
phone are?
I would like to know exactly what the messages say. Thanks for your
help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 17, 7:38 am, wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the preset quick messages in the KRZR K1m
phone are?
I would like to know exactly what the messages say. Thanks for your
help.

I have the exact same phone, and have spent a lot of time on it.

The best you can do is:

New Short Message, Options, Insert, and then either select the preset
text, or simply remember the number of the text insert you want to use
in order to select it.

You can create a signature, but it will have to be assigned a number.
It is not possible to have a pre-set signature with this phone.

Select: Message Center, Preset Messages, Preset Messages, and New.
Now compose your signature and save it. Your new preset (signature)
should be the first one on the list.

When composing the new message, at the end of the message where you
want to insert your signature, just simply select to Insert Text, and
then press the corresponding number for that text to insert or scroll
to it, and then press the Select key.

Because this phone has only simple text messaging, it is not possible
to make very elaborate emails such as with using an email system as
like on a PDA, or with a PC.

--

I have been using this phone for the past several weeks. I use it as a
second phone, and as a backup phone. My main phone is a Blackberry.

I find the KRZR to be a very good mobile phone. I have been through
many mobile phones, and overall, this one scores very high in my
opinion. The sound quality is good, and the reception is very good.
The menus may be a little difficult at times, but after getting used
to them, overall everything works out very well.

I found the camera to also be fairly good for what it is. In outdoor
or bright light conditions, the pictures are very acceptable. The
movie mode is not very good. This is to be expected because of the
limitations of the capability of the camera and processor in the
phone. I would not recommend taking movies with this phone.

I put in a 2 GB memory card to have a lot of space. I connect the
phone to my computer and use it like a Thumb drive to transfer the
pictures. I also put in pictures from my PC to use as backgrounds. The
same can be done for ring tones. The pictures must be in JPEG, and not
exceed about 300K in size. If the pictures are too large, the phone
will not be able to handle them.

One disappointment I have is that it cannot use the standard earphone
as like on other mobile phones. It has to be either a Blue-tooth, or
the Motorola proprietary USB earphone. When using the Motorola
earphone, the phone cannot be put on charge at the same time.

Another disappointment is that this phone cannot be re-charged using
any universal USB Mini-B type charger device. If you want to charge
this phone using a PC, the software for this phone must be installed.
With the Blackberry, I can simple connect it to any computer with a
USB-2 port, and it will charge.

To use the phone as a thumb drive, you have to set the phone from the
COM/Modem mode to the USB mode. Then when it is connected to the USB-2
port, it will act like a thumb drive. When in the USB mode, the
Motorola software will no longer respond to the phone until it is put
back to the COM/Modem mode.

Jerry G.