Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default UPDATE: RCA TV model 27F520T won't turn on

Hi,

I bought a Sams Photofact 5234 for this TV. With the aid of the
schematic, I tracked down the following damaged parts:
Q821 2SC4544 (NTE 376), Q820 2SC2230 (NTE 399),
D834 9.1 zener 1/2 w (NTE 5018A), R826 10 ohm 2W open.
Note: Many other parts were tested. After replacing these parts,
the power supply still won't "run", and now the regulated B+ V doesn't
go up very much. Customer said this TV played the morning after a
storm, but later, it wouldn't turn on. I decided to notify the customer that
it will cost more than my original estimate. The customer declined the new
estimate. TV is "junk".

Brad

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:14:48 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I have an RCA TV model 27F520T, ch M134C (mfg 06/05) in my shop that
won't turn on. Note: I do not have a schematic.

I replaced IC801, STRW6735 in the SMPS. When I plug in the AC power
cord, with a meter connected to the regulated B+, the voltage goes over +150V
then slowly drops to 0V. I suspect the reason is due to too much voltage.
It is possible there is a problem in the feedback circuit, but I do not have a
schematic.

Did you have a case like this and what was the cause?

Note: A service manual is expensive and "justmanuals.com" and
"diagram.com.ua" doesn't have the SM.

Do you know of any other web sites that sell SMs at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.