Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad

Default UPDATE: Magnavox TV MS3252S431 Won't Turn On

Hi,

I ordered a Sams Photofact #4968 for this model TV.

With the aid of a schematic, I was able to track down the problem to C2455
47UF 25V 85 deg capacitor in the horizonal drive circuit. This capacitor
measured around 8UF (very low). I replaced it with a 105 deg type.

Brad
My original post:
I have a Magnavox TV model MS3252S431 ch L01-1UAC-7638
(mfg Jan 2004) in my shop. It won't turn on. Fuse ok. Reg B+ is 128V
after power button pressed. H.O.T. is not shorted and there is horizontal
drive (apx 3V P-P) at the base of H.O.T. for a short period after the power
button is pressed. There is continuity between B+ and collector of H.O.T.
Note: I have no SM.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Zenith Z27A11S won't turn on. monitorGUY Electronics Repair 8 April 10th 06 10:39 AM
Glowworm won't turn off jimh UK diy 0 February 24th 06 05:52 PM
TURN $6 INTO $60,000 [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 29th 05 04:57 PM
TURN $6 INTO $60,000 [email protected] Woodworking 0 December 27th 05 11:10 PM
UPDATE: Magnavox TV/VCR CCT132ATO1 (Symphonic TVCR13E1) Brad Electronics Repair 0 May 6th 04 04:12 PM