DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   UPDATE: Magnavox TV MS3252S431 Won't Turn On (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/163873-update-magnavox-tv-ms3252s431-wont-turn.html)

Brad May 31st 06 12:36 PM

UPDATE: Magnavox TV MS3252S431 Won't Turn On

Hi,

I ordered a Sams Photofact #4968 for this model TV.

With the aid of a schematic, I was able to track down the problem to C2455
47UF 25V 85 deg capacitor in the horizonal drive circuit. This capacitor
measured around 8UF (very low). I replaced it with a 105 deg type.

Brad
My original post:
I have a Magnavox TV model MS3252S431 ch L01-1UAC-7638
(mfg Jan 2004) in my shop. It won't turn on. Fuse ok. Reg B+ is 128V
after power button pressed. H.O.T. is not shorted and there is horizontal
drive (apx 3V P-P) at the base of H.O.T. for a short period after the power
button is pressed. There is continuity between B+ and collector of H.O.T.
Note: I have no SM.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.