Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 90 or 110 degree TV

For a 28 inch screen how do you tell from measuring whether it is 90 or 110
degree type if not marked on the back of the CRT ?
I'm sure the hold hands just look and say but I don't usually repair TVs

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N Cook" wrote in message
For a 28 inch screen how do you tell from measuring whether it is 90 or
110
degree type if not marked on the back of the CRT ?
I'm sure the hold hands just look and say but I don't usually repair TVs

Measure the angle between the start of the CRT neck and the edge of each
side of the tube. Usually the angle will be part of the CRT part number too.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N Cook" wrote in
:

For a 28 inch screen how do you tell from measuring whether it is 90
or 110 degree type if not marked on the back of the CRT ?
I'm sure the hold hands just look and say but I don't usually repair
TVs

Measure the width and the depth. High-school triginometry will figure out
the degree.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gary Tait wrote in message
"N Cook" wrote in
:

For a 28 inch screen how do you tell from measuring whether it is 90
or 110 degree type if not marked on the back of the CRT ?
I'm sure the hold hands just look and say but I don't usually repair
TVs

Measure the width and the depth. High-school triginometry will figure out
the degree.

There is still a yoke on this one.
Is depth from dead centre middle of front of screen to the most forward part
of the yoke or to middle of yoke?
And is it true horizontal width or the diagonal "width" ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N Cook" wrote in message
Gary Tait wrote in message
"N Cook" wrote in
:

For a 28 inch screen how do you tell from measuring whether it is 90
or 110 degree type if not marked on the back of the CRT ?
I'm sure the hold hands just look and say but I don't usually repair
TVs

Measure the width and the depth. High-school triginometry will figure out
the degree.

There is still a yoke on this one.
Is depth from dead centre middle of front of screen to the most forward
part
of the yoke or to middle of yoke?
And is it true horizontal width or the diagonal "width" ?

It's from wherever the beam is deflected on that particular tube, the
available angles are far enough apart that it shouldn't really matter where
you measure from, anywhere on the neck should get you close enough.