Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Speaker recone kits in the UK

I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

Ron(UK)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

You mean they'll sell me a recone kit ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

You mean they'll sell me a recone kit ?

That`s my understanding, tho they don`t actually do kits, they`ll sell
you all the parts. If you aren't too far away, it`s probably more
economical to let them do the job for you. They aren`t expensive,
specially considering the quality work they do.

Ron(UK)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote in message
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like

recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply

recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives,

'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Graham

On a related topic.
I don't know how general this is for different manufacturers but for
unsticking the contact adhesive of the original cone and spider skirt.
I tried hot-air gun , oven cleaner and acetone but the one that worked on
the one I did this week was petrol. Some strips of tissue paper soaked in
petrol and covered with some circular strips of plastic and leaving for half
an hour to soften the glue

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Cheapie 2.1 Speaker Set with static in left speaker Peale Electronics Repair 8 May 31st 07 09:17 AM
Lamp kits [email protected] Woodturning 2 January 12th 07 07:00 AM
drawer kits woodarama Home Repair 2 August 24th 06 03:08 AM
Better Pen Kits? JJM Woodturning 1 April 29th 05 06:14 PM
Pen kits Bob Darrah Woodturning 3 July 3rd 04 07:31 PM