DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Speaker recone kits in the UK (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/209111-speaker-recone-kits-uk.html)

Eeyore August 2nd 07 07:20 PM

Speaker recone kits in the UK

I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Graham

Ron(UK) August 2nd 07 09:13 PM

Eeyore wrote:
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

Ron(UK)

Eeyore August 3rd 07 12:18 PM

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

You mean they'll sell me a recone kit ?

Graham

Ron(UK) August 3rd 07 01:00 PM

Eeyore wrote:

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to
recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

You mean they'll sell me a recone kit ?

That`s my understanding, tho they don`t actually do kits, they`ll sell
you all the parts. If you aren't too far away, it`s probably more
economical to let them do the job for you. They aren`t expensive,
specially considering the quality work they do.

Ron(UK)

n cook August 3rd 07 07:11 PM

Eeyore wrote in message
I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like

recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply

recone
kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives,

'cos
that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Graham

On a related topic.
I don't know how general this is for different manufacturers but for
unsticking the contact adhesive of the original cone and spider skirt.
I tried hot-air gun , oven cleaner and acetone but the one that worked on
the one I did this week was petrol. Some strips of tissue paper soaked in
petrol and covered with some circular strips of plastic and leaving for half
an hour to soften the glue

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England