Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 27AF46C H deflection

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba 27AF46C color TV. The TV blew at
first,
upon opening it I discovered 3 components visibly fried (circled on
the
graphic). (Fuse/resistor and Q410 open, D408 short) Upon replacing
them the
horizontal picture on the TV is not full screen and the H adjust from
the
service menu doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions on
what could cause this my best guess is the snubber cap C412 but I am
not
very experienced with TV's although I do have the background
electronics
knowledge.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

schematic @ http://ca.geocities.com/busterbrown1...rs.com/new.jpg

TIA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hello,

Is there any specific reason why no-one is responding to this?

Thx

On Jul 24, 8:59 pm, wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba 27AF46C color TV. The TV blew at
first,
upon opening it I discovered 3 components visibly fried (circled on
the
graphic). (Fuse/resistor and Q410 open, D408 short) Upon replacing
them the
horizontal picture on the TV is not full screen and the H adjust from
the
service menu doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions on
what could cause this my best guess is the snubber cap C412 but I am
not
very experienced with TV's although I do have the background
electronics
knowledge.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

schematic @ http://ca.geocities.com/busterbrown....rs.com/new.jpg

TIA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is not something that can be fixed with a straight foreword answer. The
set has to be properly troubleshooted. This will take an experienced service
tech, with the service manual, and having the proper tools to take the
measurements necessary.

Your best bet, is to get the set over to a service centre and have it fixed
correctly.

--

JANA
_____