Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sony 36" color problem

hey everyone,
let me thank you in advance for any replies, THANKS.
got a 36" sony trinitron. got dropped about 9" from the floor.
now the picture is b/w with color stripes in a fan pattern.
at bottom all lines are at center and by the time they reach the top
they are fanned out to the corners. Any ideas?

--
gezonly
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 21, 3:47 pm, gezonly
wrote:
hey everyone,
let me thank you in advance for any replies, THANKS.
got a 36" sony trinitron. got dropped about 9" from the floor.
now the picture is b/w with color stripes in a fan pattern.
at bottom all lines are at center and by the time they reach the top
they are fanned out to the corners. Any ideas?

--
gezonly

Yes, time to go shopping for a new tv set because the aperature grill
has broken loose inside the picture tube.

Basically the color pattern looks somewhat like the old color ATARI
logo from the 80's when it breaks loose inside a Sony CRT.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 21, 3:47 pm, gezonly
wrote:
hey everyone,
let me thank you in advance for any replies, THANKS.
got a 36" sony trinitron. got dropped about 9" from the floor.
now the picture is b/w with color stripes in a fan pattern.
at bottom all lines are at center and by the time they reach the top
they are fanned out to the corners. Any ideas?

--
gezonly

Yes, time to go shopping for a new tv set because the aperature grill
has broken loose inside the picture tube.

Basically the color pattern looks somewhat like the old color ATARI
logo from the 80's when it breaks loose inside a Sony CRT.

Ditto on that advice. Pretty classic symptom. Nothing to be done about it
but replace.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Jul 21, 9:47 pm, gezonly
wrote:
hey everyone,
let me thank you in advance for any replies, THANKS.
got a 36" sony trinitron. got dropped about 9" from the floor.
now the picture is b/w with color stripes in a fan pattern.
at bottom all lines are at center and by the time they reach the top
they are fanned out to the corners. Any ideas?

--
gezonly

sounds quite pretty actually. i'd keep it like it is! might even make
watching tv a more interesting experience....
-B