Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 52 inch magnavox tv showing the same channels

My television keeps showing the same channel. It will not show any of
the cable channels. The tv is showing the same channel on 5 tv channels

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 8, 2:29 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:22:09 -0700, Acey.Tucker wrote:
My television keeps showing the same channel. It will not show any of
the cable channels. The tv is showing the same channel on 5 tv channels

Check the tuner.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

When I program the tv channels automatically, the tv will not pick up
the cable channels. The cable works. I tried it on another tv. It use
to work on this tv. I purchase a universal remote and I believe it
unprogrammed the tv. I can still play my xbox and watch dvd's. I just
cannot watch cable.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

When I program the tv channels automatically, the tv will not pick up
the cable channels. The cable works. I tried it on another tv. It use
to work on this tv. I purchase a universal remote and I believe it
unprogrammed the tv. I can still play my xbox and watch dvd's. I just
cannot watch cable.

Is there a factor reset option on magnavox rear projection tv's?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Check to make sure the TV is not in the "antenna" mode and set to cable
before trying to program it. Also make sure the cable feed and the patch
cable from the wall jack are both good. (Maybe that is what you meant by
knowing the cable is good.)

Bob

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

When I program the tv channels automatically, the tv will not pick up
the cable channels. The cable works. I tried it on another tv. It use
to work on this tv. I purchase a universal remote and I believe it
unprogrammed the tv. I can still play my xbox and watch dvd's. I just
cannot watch cable.

Is there a factor reset option on magnavox rear projection tv's?

Maybe in the service man mode. You try unplugging the set for an hour or
so? (not that this will fix your problem)

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog