Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony DVD player update

I am finally able to see the replies to my post (posted twice because
I thought the first didn't make it). First, thankyou to all that
replied, especially about the usenet being screwed up. Now I know it's
not my account or computer. Anyway, yes, I had the DVD player
connected through my VCR. I bought an Orion TV a few years ago (yes,
it's a peice of garbage but it works), and it only has one set of RCA
inputs. Currently these are being used by my sattelite receiver. I
disconnected this and routed the DVD player straight to the TV as
suggested, and what do you know - it works perfectly. I don't quite
understand the macrovision issue being a cause to the problem. I could
somewhat understand the digital to analog having an effect. Well, I
must say I feel like an idiot for not even thinking about this as
being a cause. I had to look to see if this is how I hooked it up!
Thanks for the replies and as usual the problem was pointed out. Now I
like my Sony DVD player! Thankyou!