Posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default MFJ-259B coils

Anybody happen to have the details of the dipper coils for the MFJ-259B Antenna
Analyzer? Mine have become lost in a garage/workshop cleanout that went awry.

Need number of turns, coil diameter, coil length if possible. Think I can
remember the rest of the details well enough to rebuild them.

Thanks for your help
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

. ..

DaveM wrote:

Anybody happen to have the details of the dipper coils for the MFJ-259B
Antenna Analyzer? Mine have become lost in a garage/workshop cleanout that
went awry.

Need number of turns, coil diameter, coil length if possible. Think I can
remember the rest of the details well enough to rebuild them.

Thanks for your help

Yep!!! My MFJ-259B has lots of guts too.
The dipper coils are used to make the Analyzer operate like a grid dip meter.
Extremely useful for tuning traps, tanks, etc. They are an accessory to the
Analyzer; I think the part number for them is MFJ-66.
There are two coils in the set, one for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz, the other covers 20
MHz to 170 MHz.

Cheers!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

DaveM wrote:

. ..

DaveM wrote:

Anybody happen to have the details of the dipper coils for the MFJ-259B
Antenna Analyzer? Mine have become lost in a garage/workshop cleanout that
went awry.

Need number of turns, coil diameter, coil length if possible. Think I can
remember the rest of the details well enough to rebuild them.

Thanks for your help

Yep!!! My MFJ-259B has lots of guts too.
The dipper coils are used to make the Analyzer operate like a grid dip meter.
Extremely useful for tuning traps, tanks, etc. They are an accessory to the
Analyzer; I think the part number for them is MFJ-66.
There are two coils in the set, one for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz, the other covers 20
MHz to 170 MHz.

Cheers!

Wow! I learned something today. Even old farts can learn something new.

BTW: my grid dipper is a real grid dipper ... AN/PRM-10. Anybody remember that
old boatanchor?

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Yep!!! My MFJ-259B has lots of guts too.
The dipper coils are used to make the Analyzer operate like a grid dip meter.
Extremely useful for tuning traps, tanks, etc. They are an accessory to the
Analyzer; I think the part number for them is MFJ-66.
There are two coils in the set, one for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz, the other covers 20
MHz to 170 MHz.

=======================
Assuming that these dipper coils are connected to a PL259 plug for
connecting to the MFJ259B 's SO239 socket , it should not be too
difficult to homebrew the coils .........I'll have a go at that.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"Dave" wrote in message
DaveM wrote:

. ..

DaveM wrote:

[...]

Yeppers!!! I surely do remember the PRM-10. Almost bought one at a hamfest a
few years ago, but it looked like it had been through just about every battle in
WWII, Vietnam and Desert Storm.

They were good instruments; I used them while I was in the Navy as an ET during
the 60s. I found them to be quite useful while overhauling old comm equipment
while I was aboard the USS Vulcan (AR-5) during that period. Got a tremendous
amount of experience on that ship.

Cheers!!!!

Refrigerator Coils Kate Home Repair 2 August 9th 06 04:07 PM
Benchmark AC Coils - Any good? (nt) Tony Home Repair 0 January 21st 06 02:05 PM
Question on cooling coils [email protected] Home Repair 9 August 28th 05 01:55 AM
Dehumidefier and Frozen Coils Billy Home Ownership 1 April 16th 05 02:11 AM
OT : high voltage coils habbi Metalworking 1 January 6th 04 02:11 AM