Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital Camera Repair

I have a Canon A610 compact. When I switch it off, the lens
protective cover only closes half-way. Anyone have any suggestions as to
how I can remedy this or even tell me the technical term for the cover so I
can do a search?

Gummo

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gummo" wrote in message
news
I have a Canon A610 compact. When I switch it off, the lens
protective cover only closes half-way. Anyone have any suggestions as to
how I can remedy this or even tell me the technical term for the cover so
can do a search?

If it is out of warranty, I'd try gently helping it close as it is trying to
close ... might just be a piece of grit in there.

Or, if the camera works OK otherwise, just ignore the problem (the safest
approach).

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Charles" wrote in message

I'd try gently helping it close as it is trying to close ... might just be
a piece of grit in there.

Or, if the camera works OK otherwise, just ignore the problem (the safest
approach).

Tried the former - think I'll do the latter.

Thanks Charles.

Gummo