Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CRT Convergence Diverging

Just wondering.

I have a Proview PV546D PC monitor, and at 1024x768, with a convergence
grid on the screen (as a tiled backgound) shows beam spits into two as it
nears the bottom or top of the screen, worser at the bottom, to a point
that only the middle third is legible on smaller text.

Is that the way it is, or my monitor has exceeded life, or is fixable?

There is also a vertical mis-linearity, which I can't seem to do much
about.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gary Tait wrote:
Just wondering.

I have a Proview PV546D PC monitor, and at 1024x768, with a convergence
grid on the screen (as a tiled backgound) shows beam spits into two as it
nears the bottom or top of the screen, worser at the bottom, to a point
that only the middle third is legible on smaller text.

Is that the way it is, or my monitor has exceeded life, or is fixable?

There is also a vertical mis-linearity, which I can't seem to do much
about.

Convergence at the edges is set by ring magnets next to the deflection
coils, but there could be some small coils to finely tune it. If it
has bad caps as shown by some bad vertical linearity, these coils
might not be receiving the right signals. You should ESR all related
caps or troubleshoot driving circuits.

If problem persists, the cathode wear causes a shift of the electron
beam origin that slightly changes convergence / purity adjustments.
Also if deflection coils have moved.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Thre actually may be a service only menu that allows fringe registration
adjustments without resorting to the magnets and probably messing up the
centre settings. Best to contact a tech with more experience with the
Proview products.
"Jeroni Paul" wrote in message
oups.com...