Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vertical Stripes on SAMSUNG 520 TFT

Hello,

My TFT screen started at show some kind of vertical stripes, picture
of screen is he http://madness.tmok.com/~sukovic/samsung/P4220013.JPG

Any possibility to repair this?

Thanks,

Dusan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22 Apr 2007 07:42:24 -0700, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Hello,

My TFT screen started at show some kind of vertical stripes, picture
of screen is he
http://madness.tmok.com/~sukovic/samsung/P4220013.JPG

Any possibility to repair this?

Thanks,

Dusan

It looks like some sort of addressing issue. Since the good and bad
bands are of equal width, I'd suspect a fault in the least significant
bit ... somewhere.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Franc,

Thanks for your replay. My level of electronics knowledge is not so
advanced,
so I will very much appreciate if you have will and time to explain me
those things little bit on a 'dummies' level.
I can read electronic blueprints, I can do Boolean algebra, but I've
never repaired TV or computer monitor.

Thanks,
Dusan

It looks like some sort of addressing issue. Since the good and bad
bands are of equal width, I'd suspect a fault in the least significant
bit ... somewhere.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dusan:
..... and you are not going to be able to fix this one either, and it is most
likely NOT economically repairable even by a qualified technician at a
repair shop given the symptoms you reported. Some problems can make sense
to repair but not this one.
Welcome to the world of throw away Chinese electronics.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
- - - - - - - -

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Franc,

Thanks for your replay. My level of electronics knowledge is not so
advanced,
so I will very much appreciate if you have will and time to explain me
those things little bit on a 'dummies' level.
I can read electronic blueprints, I can do Boolean algebra, but I've
never repaired TV or computer monitor.

Thanks,
Dusan

It looks like some sort of addressing issue. Since the good and bad
bands are of equal width, I'd suspect a fault in the least significant
bit ... somewhere.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dusan:
Another thought.... you might want to try another monitor to make sure the
problem is not your computer's video card.... or try another computer on
your Samsung monitor to confirm that the problem is actually in the monitor.
Best Regards
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair